• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTech & Valencia puts an MOU where their mouth is

UTech, Valencia FC sign MOU for September Academy
    By Howard Walker Observer Senior Reporter walkerh@jamaicaobserver.com
    Sunday, April 08, 2012

Principal of UTech, Professor Errol Morrison and Victor Salazar Chang, head of Next Generation, signed the MOU for what will be known as the UTech Valencia Football Academy.

Professor Morrison told the Jamaica Observer that the MOU is not a legally binding document, but it sets the stage for a more legally binding agreement next month.

"We have just signed the MOU speaking to that collaboration outlining some details of the early steps that need to be taken to cement that development," Prof Morrison explained.

"The president of the Valencia club is supposed to be coming at the end of next month and we will do our worldwide announcement of this facility," he added.

"The Valencia club is represented locally by the Next Generation Sports Limited and what they have done now is brought us together, the Valencia Group and UTech in the formation of what will be the UTech Valencia Football Academy," said Morrison.

Chang, who is instrumental in organising the Next Generation Valencia Easter Football Camp, explained that UTech will basically be hosting a camp every day.

"The venue will be UTech and Valencia will be involved in the methodology, the coaches, etc. Basically, it will be like a camp but multiply by 365 days," he noted.

"We will have at least two coaches (Valencia) based in Jamaica and we will be doing camps in different parts of Jamaica and as you can imagine, their travels become less expensive and we can maximise their use. They will be doing social activities also," said Chang.
    UTech has hit the news big time, especially since accommodating the MVP athletes, including former world record holder over 100m, Asafa Powell, Olympic and World Championships 100m gold medallist Shelly-Ann Fraser-Price, Melaine Walker, the Olympic 400m hurdles champion and Brigitte Foster-Hylton, the World Champion over the 100m hurdles, and this addition will highlight UTech even more.

"This is big time. This is big, big and it is a very important step for UTech going forward in the world of football training," emphasised Morrison.
    "As you know we are already doing the training of the coaches, so now to bring this element and taking them from age seven...this is really going to put us on the map of a proper training programme," he beamed.

Four years ago, UTech in collaboration with the Jamaica Football Federation (JFF), started a coaching school for coaches which was well accepted.
    Now, UTech is on another path in developing football locally with this well-needed academy, especially tied to one of the top clubs in Spain and Europe.

"UTech seized this opportunity as a tertiary educational institution and many of these players might yet become our own students and whilst here as students, continue to perform.
    "It is a win-win and we are very pleased to have hosted this and do a MOU in a short time. We are excited and they are excited and we mean business," Morrison pointed out.

"As soon as the president comes we are going to have some greater finetuning. The MOU says we are going to work together, the agreement says what we going to do.

We are committed to this and they are committed and I feel this is a great beginning," said Professor Morrison.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1rZFaehUF
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

as the Intellectual Ghetto continues to wallow in its plantocracy inertia...

mek dem continue to rule in hell... nah sorry fi dem..

Comment

LOL...so if that Academy was at UWI there would be less wallowing??
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

This academy costs lots of money to attend though...is pure uptown kids there who cyaan play ball but dem parents think that by splashing out the cash they will turn into Ronaldo...

Comment

Well a lot of uptowner end up been ballers too. The Wordle, Harris, Tyrone Marshall, Zaide, Steven Morrissey etc. have families who could afford these camps and some kids can be sponsored by clubs, and other organizations.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What is plenty money?

My son attends a club where they charge about $35 US a month for two 2-hour sessions a week of training; then there are the matches in between as they play in a league... not too bad IMO.

They took an U16 team to the Dallas Cup (lots of fund-raising involved) and it looks like they had an excellent experience from what I read on the club's website (http://skhyfc.com/) . My son is U13 presently; hopefully he can make the U16 squad in the next couple years as that tournament looks like a really good developmental one. The club has made a commitment to attend every year if the finances allow.
            Peter R

Comment

$15,000 JA for 5 days...I am kinda confused as to if it's a camp or an academy...dem not too clear on that...

Comment

Last year I broke the piggy bank and sent my son to the Barcelona camp in Ft Lauderdale... there were six coaches from Barcelona and about 18 local coaches... there were about 300 kids and the cost for the day camp (5 days) was $300US (plus airfare...good ting Paul Marin have a guest room so we never had to stay in a hotel as some attendees had to; one group came from Calgary Canada!).

Last time I'm doing that... I don't see the benefit to justify the cost. He's better off at the local club and the money better spent to attend a tournament rather than a camp that does nothing different than the local coaches are doing.
                Peter R

Comment

It is what it is...

The truth is an offense.. not a sin..

Comment

Working...
                  X