Defiant Wenger reveals fury at FA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defiant Wenger reveals fury at FA

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=629 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=3><DIV class=mxb><DIV class=sh></DIV></DIV></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top width=416><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=203 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><DIV> <DIV class=cap>Adebayor protested after his red card in the cup final</DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has accused the Football Association of having double standards.

Wenger is furious at the three-game ban given to Emmanuel Adebayor for his dismissal in the Carling Cup final.

Wenger said: "We commit the lowest fouls in the league but we are the most punished. We are entitled to get the same treatment as everybody else.

"We are guided to win, we love to be fair, but to be treated like we have in this case is not acceptable."

<DIV class=avinline>News conference: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger </DIV>

Adebayor was banned for three games as the FA deemed him guilty of aiming a punch to Chelsea's Frank Lampard in Cardiff and Wenger has vowed to carry on their fight.

He said: "The officials made a mistake. Adebayor did not punch Lampard and didn't intend to, we can prove it. It isn't the truth, I don't accept it.

"It is regrettable that it punished the club. The club deserves more respect than that, it is undeserved."

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=208 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=5></TD><TD class=sibStdQuote><DIV><DIV class=mva><DIV id=q1></DIV>I cannot accept that our club is treated like this. It was a lie and is not responsible <DIV id=q2></DIV><BR clear=all></DIV></DIV><DIV class=mva><DIV class=mva>Arsene Wenger</DIV></DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

A furious Wenger believes the club have been harshly treated once again.

He added: "We want to focus on our desire to play football. I have got many calls from people abroad who can't believe what happened."

Adebayor, Kolo Toure and Chelsea's Mikel Jon Obi were all sent off after the fracas at the end of the Gunners' 2-1 defeat by their London rivals in Cardiff on Sunday.

Arsenal's Emmanuel Eboue was retrospectively banned for three games by the FA after video evidence showed him throwing a punch at Chelsea's Wayne Bridge.

Wenger claimed the "whole system is not honest" after Adebayor, who appears to do nothing wrong during the incident, lost his appeal against his sending off.

606 DEBATE: Your views on Adebayor's dismissal

He continued: "I cannot accept that our club is treated like this.

"I will defend it to the FA. It was a lie and is not responsible."

The FA has already asked Wenger to explain his comment after he accused a linesman of lying after the Carling Cup final.

Lampard has since denied being punched during Sunday's fracas in Cardiff.

An FA spokesman said: "Questioning the integrity of a match official and accusing them of lying is a very serious claim to make as it questions the whole integrity of the game.

"We also reject any accusations of bias or dishonesty within our disciplinary system.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: Defiant Wenger reveals fury at FA

Bwoy .. I fully support Wenger on this. The same way video evidence was used to suspend Eboue, the same video evidence should be used to clear Emanuel's red card. Almshouse the FA a gwaan wid
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Did he throw a punch or not? I don't care whether it landed or not, if he attempted it he should be punished.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lazie (3/2/2007)Bwoy .. I fully support Wenger on this. The same way video evidence was used to suspend Eboue, the same video evidence should be used to clear Emanuel's red card. Almshouse the FA a gwaan wid
        Back yuh 1000%!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Mosiah (3/2/2007)Did he throw a punch or not?
          Not!

I don't care whether it landed or not, if he attempted it he should be punished.
          He made no attempt to punch anyone!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Agree. And the thing is you can't prove intent so all is left if the tape.

I mean I can see the guy pushing and shoving to get people parted.

One of the things that is confusing about the FA is '....explain yourself about the officials teling a lie..' To me that makes no sense. If the act didn't happen and the official said it did, then he is mistaken or is fibbing. This sort of "how dare you attitude" by the FA is only partially understandable.

Anyway, I will complain more when we buy an EPL club

Comment

Now the white man(Wegner) has come out and say out loud what Shatta has been saying all along and that the man dem a treat the Africans dem unfair. It has taken a white person to make that stand as everyone and dem mother could see it but all was afraid to tackle it head on and risk opening up a can of worms.

Now the can of worms is open and it won't be nice. I am sitting back with a bag of popcorn watching this one play itself out.

Even if nothing happens Wegner and his Africans will be the victor as the spotlight will shine on the officiating and now the FA can't continue with the anti African almshouse.

Jamaica can learn from this and all of the Lowe haters pay close attention

www.myspace.com/cdfreakmusic

Comment

Working...
              X