X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webb alone in race for CONCACAF presidency

Webb alone in race for CONCACAF presidency

Friday, March 30, 2012

NEW YORK, New York — The Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football (CONCACAF) announced yesterday that Jeffrey Webb of the Cayman Islands is the only candidate nominated for the organisation's open president position and will run unopposed in May's election.

Webb, president of the Cayman Islands Football Association for the past 21 years, received nominations from 29 CONCACAF member associations, though only one was required for his name to be placed on the ballot.
    WEBB... I would like to thank the CONCACAF member associations that have demonstrated their confidence in me

The election will take place on May 23 at the CONCACAF Congress in Budapest, Hungary.

"I would like to acknowledge and thank the CONCACAF member associations from across the Confederation that have demonstrated their confidence in me through their support of my nomination for president," expressed Webb.

"I look forward to working with all of the members to strengthen our foundation and build on our unity which has always been our strength."
    Webb will complete the final three years of the term of former president Jack Warner, who resigned last June after a 20-year tenure. Warner was re-elected to a sixth-consecutive, four-year stint last May at the CONCACAF Ordinary Congress in Miami, Florida.

In addition to his duties with the Cayman Islands Football Association, the 47-year-old banker is chairman of the Caribbean Football Union's Normalisation Committee. Additionally, Webb is deputy chairman of FIFA's Internal Audit Committee and a member of its Transparency and Compliance Committee.

Across CONCACAF's 51-year history, only three individuals have occupied the office of president: Ramon Coll Jaumet (Costa Rica, 1961-1968), Joaquin Soria Terrazas (Mexico, 1968-1990) and Jack Warner (Trinidad & Tobago, 1990-2011).

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1qduTiFPO
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X