RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Claude Davis and Crawley team mates......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claude Davis and Crawley team mates......

Involved in brawl against Bradford.

FIVE players sent off AFTER the game as Crawley brawl with Bradford

By Sportsmail Reporter
    PUBLISHED: 23:58, 27 March 2012 | UPDATED: 06:16, 28 March 2012

Five players were sensationally red-carded in the dressing rooms after an ugly post-match brawl following Crawley's 2-1 win at Bradford, whose manager Phil Parkinson promised heavy fines to any of his players who threw punches.
    Three Bradford players - Andrew Davies, Luke Oliver and goalkeeper Jon McLaughlin - were sent off by referee Ian Williamson who dished out the same treatment to Crawley pair Kyle McFadzean and substitute Claude Davis.
    Five Crawley players and one from Bradford were booked during the ill-tempered match. Davies is set for a five-match ban, having been sent off twice before already this season.

Just the beginning: Leon Clarke heads Crawley into the lead... but the true drama was yet to come

Parkinson said: 'The referee seems very clear in his mind what went on and that is the reason he took the action he did in the dressing rooms.
    "Until I see the DVD it is difficult to comment but the sendings-off leave us with lots of problems, to say the least.
    'We know what Crawley bring in terms of an intimidating approach before, during and after matches. You have to make sure you don't get involved.
    'Both clubs have paid a heavy price. I can't believe this has happened. I have never been in a situation before where a ref has come into the dressing room, pulled players on one side and sent them off. He wouldn't allow me in there!
    Watch the video

'I will look at the DVD and if any of my players are guilty of throwing punches they will pay heavy fines.'
    Crawley manager Steve Evans said: 'I only saw the Bradford player Andrew Davies run towards my players and throw a punch. I think it was handbags, with a lot of pushing and shoving, but it was disappointing to see.
    'If people have acted out of turn they need to be dealt with.
    'The fourth official confirmed to me that the Bradford boy Davies ran and punched somebody. Then there was a mass of bodies who had initially come together to shake hands.
    'It is a shame because it takes away from what was an outstanding performance.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1qQO4I7Z0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V82gdVoiBww

Comment

Crawley duo apologise for brawl

Last Updated: March 30, 2012 10:36am
      Davis: Apologised for his part in brawl

Sky Bet

Crawley defenders Pablo Mills and Claude Davis have apologised for their part in the post-match brawl which marred the win over Bradford.
      Mills and Davis were sent off as the melee erupted while the two teams shook hands after Crawley's 2-1 win at Valley Parade in League Two on Tuesday night. Three Bradford players also received red cards after the final whistle.
      The two players have issued statements of apology via Crawley's official website.
      "I would like to offer my most sincere apologies for what happened on Tuesday evening. My actions were wholly unacceptable and inexcusable and it is something I deeply regret," began Mills.
      "I am deeply ashamed of what happened and I would like to place on record my apologies to everyone at Crawley Town Football Club, especially our supporters who should never have had to watch such actions from a player at their club.
      "I would also like to offer my sincerest apologies to my family who watched me behave in such a way. I am proud to be a player at Crawley Town and can assure everyone that no such offence will ever happen again."
      Davis said: "I would like to offer my unreserved apologies to the directors of Crawley Town, the supporters, the manager and staff and my team-mates as I have let them all down with my actions.
      "My family mean the world to me and my behaviour falls way short from that expected of a proud husband and father and to them I also apologise."

Comment

the fines must have been heavy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The apologies was fast. We can learn from Crawley town
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
          X