X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devalued Sterling may quit Liverpool

EXCLUSIVE: Devalued Sterling may quit Liverpool

Published 22:31 22/03/12 By Darren Lewis

Liverpool striker Raheem Sterling could quit the club this summer, with his mum keen for him to move back to London.
    Tottenham are monitoring the 17-year-old’s progress, whose frustration at a lack of senior action has been well-documented.
    Now, Sterling’s mother Nadine is ready to force the issue by pushing for a return south to Harlesden in north London.
    The England Under-18 forward, who can also play on the wing, currently lives in Walton with his mum, two-year-old brother and 10-year-old sister.

But his mother fears he is not making progress at Anfield as other youngsters are being integrated into first teams at other clubs.
    A string of defensively minded youngsters, including Jon Flanagan, Martin Kelly, Jack Robinson and Jay Spearing, have made it into the Liverpool first team in recent years.
    But no young striker has come through to play in Liverpool’s first team since Neil Mellor in the 2002-03 season and Michael Owen in 1997.
    Sterling is widely seen as the best young prospect at Liverpool and hit a superb goal against an experienced Arsenal this week in a 1-1 draw for the reserves.
    And Liverpool have refused to accept loan bids for him from a string of clubs, including Bolton, Swansea, West Ham and both Sheffield clubs.

Looks like there is a storm brewing here it looks like they are really unhappy at is treatment at Liverpool. If i was to give them some advice i would say be a little bit more patient is talent will force the issue eventually.I know there were a lot of teams lining up to take him on loan including Swansea and Bolton but Liverpool said no, yesterday was the final day when league teams could take players on emergency loan and they did not let him go so i think that peeved them off. This is a strange decision by Liverpool there you have a young player champing at the bit with massive potential, you would think it would benefit all concerned for him to be playing league football but Kenny must have a plan, lets wait and see if he will be involved in their remaining premiership games.If this youth was at Arsenal he would've either been in the first team squad or be out on loan playing league football.

Comment

Him not ..... enough like Glen "Suarez BBF" Johnson so KK not really interested in him. Loserfool will start winning or better yet, challenging for titles when KK leaves and they hire a modern day coach. KK past his prime 20 years ago.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Shhhhhhh!! no seh no more. mine u upset the Liverpool crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
          Shhhhhhh!! no seh no more. mine u upset the Liverpool crew.
          Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh?????? Cho. We know from time seh Jangle is an eejit!! A few years ago (last time me play) him was a run him mout' at the beginning of the season on how him was ago mash me up in the Fantasy League...I guess where the word "Fantasy" came from. He he he. And of course, that's only one example of where him chat bare s*it...great comedic value, so dat's why we Liverpool fans like having him around.

Anyway, KK has to be careful here with Raheem, but at the same time, we don't want another Freddy Adu du we? Seventeen is very young, but I would give him a run especially if Downing continues to play from the right. It would relieve pressure on Enrique who has looked shaky at times lately.
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

wenger woulda gi him a run ...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Cho... it was said from early in the season that that Fantasy League was a trial run since it was the first time everyone was playing.......right Missah Barristah?
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

.............and Fergie

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  Cho... it was said from early in the season that that Fantasy League was a trial run since it was the first time everyone was playing.......right Missah Barristah?
                  LOL!!! Next time me hear you call X "xcuse" I am going to point your a$$ to this thread.
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Good to see Raheem getting a few minutes on the pitch today, i hope it's a sign of things to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunny View Post
                      Good to see Raheem getting a few minutes on the pitch today, i hope it's a sign of things to come.
                      And he looked good, nice touches on the ball. He should have gotten game before that putz Jonjo Shelvey.

Comment

It is a mystery to most people why he is not in the Liverpool squad every week.
                        He might be only 17 but in my opinion he is just as good or probably better than
                        Downing already.

Comment

Not a mystery to me! But I don't want to get Paul Marin started!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                            Not a mystery to me! But I don't want to get Paul Marin started!
                            You better bite u tongue in truth!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X