X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart tests for Spurs squad

Heart tests for Spurs squad after Muamba collapse

By ROB HARRIS, AP Sports Writer 3 hours, 17 minutes ago

LONDON (AP)—A cardiologist says he will test the Tottenham squad for potential heart defects Monday at the request of players who saw Bolton’s Fabrice Muamba suffer cardiac arrest and collapse in their FA Cup match.
    Muamba is still in intensive care in a critical condition after falling suddenly during Saturday’s abandoned FA Cup match at White Hart Lane.

The 23-year-old midfielder’s heart only started beating on its own again when he arrived at a London hospital on Saturday night. The cause of his cardiac arrest hasn’t been disclosed.
    Sports cardiologist Sanjay Sharma told Sky News television that he was due to test “one or two players” at Tottenham on Monday, and added that now “the players have all demanded cardiac screening today.”
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

A brethren who used to run track in high school died bout 8 years ago. He was in good physical shape and worked out frequently in the gym. He died suddenly from a heart attack and it was reported he had a heart defect.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
      Heart tests for Spurs squad after Muamba collapse

By ROB HARRIS, AP Sports Writer 3 hours, 17 minutes ago

LONDON (AP)—A cardiologist says he will test the Tottenham squad for potential heart defects Monday at the request of players who saw Bolton’s Fabrice Muamba suffer cardiac arrest and collapse in their FA Cup match.
      Muamba is still in intensive care in a critical condition after falling suddenly during Saturday’s abandoned FA Cup match at White Hart Lane.

The 23-year-old midfielder’s heart only started beating on its own again when he arrived at a London hospital on Saturday night. The cause of his cardiac arrest hasn’t been disclosed.
      Sports cardiologist Sanjay Sharma told Sky News television that he was due to test “one or two players” at Tottenham on Monday, and added that now “the players have all demanded cardiac screening today.”
      I don't think the cardiac screening will help unless they already have serious cardiac problems. I may be wrong on that, but the test I don't think would have helped Muamba as I believe they are known to give false positives. Can't blame them still. Even me was frighten watching on tv.
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Wasn't aware you are a medical professional.

Comment

Working...
        X