• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertonghen eyes Arsenal switch

Vertonghen eyes Gunners switch
    LONDON EYES ... Ajax star Jan Vertonghen is ready to join Arsenal

By MARK GILBERT

Published: Today at 10:35

AJAX star Jan Vertonghen has told Arsene Wenger he is ready to join Arsenal this summer.

11 comments

Gunners boss Wenger is keen on the £10million-rated defender, who plays alongside Thomas Vermaelen in the Belgium national side.
    The pair used to turn out for Ajax together up until Vermaelen moved to London three years ago.
    And now Vertonghen, 24, has confirmed his intent to re-join his compatriot at club level next season.
    He said: "Arsenal are a magnificent club. If a club of their calibre can reach agreement with Ajax then I will gladly go over.
    "I have instructed my agent carefully. He knows which clubs I want to join and Arsenal are one of them.
    "I haven't signed anything with them yet but I went to watch them against Milan, together with my Ajax team-mate Siem de Jong."

Don't know much about him but as I told you, your defense need some steel inna it.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
    X