The Linesman should be punished.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Linesman should be punished.

<H1></H1><H1>Lampard supports Adebayor denial</H1><DIV class=bylinebox style="MARGIN-TOP: 8px"><DIV class=bylinetext>Soccernet
    </DIV><DIV style="FLOAT: left"></DIV></DIV><BR clear=all><DIV class=text11 style="BACKGROUND: #fff"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

Chelsea's Frank Lampard has responded to Arsene Wenger's plea to give his version of events during Sunday's Carling Cup final tussle with Arsenal by confirming he was not punched by Emmanuel Adebayor. <DIV class=phinline>
    <DIV style="WIDTH: 205px"><DIV class=photocred2>GettyImages</DIV><DIV class=photosubtext>Handbags at the Cup Final.</DIV></DIV></DIV>

Adebayor was sent-off for his part in the scuffle and was suspended from Wednesday night's FA Cup exit at Blackburn after the FA rejected his appeal about his alleged part in Sunday's clashes. The Gunners claim Adebayor was red-carded in a case of mistaken identity and information has surfaced that one of the linesmen informed the FA that he had seen the Togolese striker punch Lampard. 'I don't agree with the FA's compliance committee,' said Wenger. 'And I don't agree with the report of the linesman because, for me, he lies. Adebayor didn't punch anybody. So when the linesman says he punches someone, he lies.' 'I would like you to ask Lampard if he was punched. And I want him to say the truth. If it is 'yes', we will accept it. But we have watched it on microscope and, if you can see Adebayor punching Lampard, I would like you to show me.' Lampard's agent, Steve Kutner, responded by saying: 'I've spoken to Frank and he told me that he wasn't punched.' Adebayor was also charged by the disciplinary commission with reacting aggressively and failing to leave the field of play immediately after being sent off. His appeal against the initial red card was dismissed on Tuesday but the Togo striker has requested a personal hearing, which will take place next Tuesday. The melee at the Millennium Stadium was sparked following a confrontation between Chelsea's Jon Obi Mikel and Arsenal's Kolo Toure, who were both also sent-off, with players and coaches from both sides becoming involved. 'I saw a lot of people getting angry and when I first got there it was to stop people and bring [the situation] down. It was a final and I did not want a lot of people to get involved,' protested Adebayor. 'When the referee showed me a red card I could not believe it. 'I remember straight away [Arsenal physio] Gary Lewin came to me to say, 'Come on Manu, let's go,' but I said, 'Just leave me to ask one question - why did he [the referee] give me a red card?' 'A lot of people thought I was going to hit him, but I was not.' The brawl, which saw as many players dismissed in one minute as in the 46 previous finals altogether, completely overshadowed a pulsating contest, which also featured Chelsea skipper John Terry being stretchered off after being kicked in the head by Abou Diaby as the Blues prevailed 2-1.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: The Linesman should be punished.

What dem have against the youth? Video evidence proved the youth punched nobody and Lampard is the second player he is accused of punching that denied that Emanuel punched him.

Wenger got my support on this one. Dem need fi clear the youth.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

True ting dat.

But dem need fi deal wid that yute Eboue very harsh. Him have some real gal pickney tendencies bout him. Too much theatrics. The mna just nuh have nuh shame.

Comment

Yes ... him and Cesc Fabregas. Did you see how him man handled Frank Lampard? Yet dem waan crucify Emanuel. Whey Shatta dem? Wonder if him know say he is an African?

Comment

Adebayor reminds me of that over the edge movie character that barricades himself in his old officeyelling he wantsback his old job. The fact that he was treated unfairly does not lessen the severity of his response to being red carded. The red cardmay not the problem, the reason given likely is.

Arsenal has a lot going for them, they have a repeat offender that apparently went unnoticed.

Blessed

Comment

How many people would accept being wrongfully accused? Fine him for his reaction to the red card ... but why should he be suspended when he didn't do anything that merits a red card?

Comment

Working...
            X