Junior Hoilett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Say goodbye to Junior Hoilett

Normally, a player with multiple international options would have to decide which country to pledge his allegiance to before pulling a jersey on.

That's not the case for David "Junior" Hoilett. He's one of the rare players that has had the decision made for him.

Canada's untriumphant exit from World Cup qualification leaves Hoilett with one clear option if he wants to play in soccer's biggest showcase within the next few years: Jamaica.

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Comment

Marc Battaglia2 hours ago

I think he'll wait just a bit more. He has waited this long and he hasn't been exactly lighting it up in the league. I think when June comes around he'll look at the table and how they have performed and then make a decision. If it's unlikely they'll qualify, I doubt he'll go! The carrot is showcasing his skills at a World Cup, it has nothing to do with nationalistic pride. For me, Jamaica will likely end up in 5th or 6th place.Marc Battaglia2 hours ago

I think he'll wait just a bit more. He has waited this long and he hasn't been exactly lighting it up in the league. I think when June comes around he'll look at the table and how they have performed and then make a decision. If it's unlikely they'll qualify, I doubt he'll go! The carrot is showcasing his skills at a World Cup, it has nothing to do with nationalistic pride. For me, Jamaica will likely end up in 5th or 6th placeMarc Battaglia2 hours ago

I think he'll wait just a bit more. He has waited this long and he hasn't been exactly lighting it up in the league. I think when June comes around he'll look at the table and how they have performed and then make a decision. If it's unlikely they'll qualify, I doubt he'll go! The carrot is showcasing his skills at a World Cup, it has nothing to do with nationalistic pride. For me, Jamaica will likely end up in 5th or 6th place.Marc Battaglia2 hours ago
      I think he'll wait just a bit more. He has waited this long and he hasn't been exactly lighting it up in the league. I think when June comes around he'll look at the table and how they have performed and then make a decision. If it's unlikely they'll qualify, I doubt he'll go! The carrot is showcasing his skills at a World Cup, it has nothing to do with nationalistic pride. For me, Jamaica will likely end up in 5th or 6th place.

Comment

Marc Battaglia 2 hours ago

Marc Battaglia2 hours ago
        I think he'll wait just a bit more. He has waited this long and he hasn't been exactly lighting it up in the league. I think when June comes around he'll look at the table and how they have performed and then make a decision. If it's unlikely they'll qualify, I doubt he'll go! The carrot is showcasing his skills at a World Cup, it has nothing to do with nationalistic pride. For me, Jamaica will likely end up in 5th or 6th place.

Even if, still 5 or 6 places higher than Canada

Comment

If an offer is made and he doesn't take it now, then I can guarantee you that he will never don the Green, the Black and the Gold shirt.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Hoilett, QPR into promotion final for chance at return to EPL

The fates of three Canadian-born players will be hanging in the balance when Queens Park Rangers head to Wembley for the Championship playoff final on May 24, with a Premier League spot on the line. QPR earned their way into the game after a dramatic extra-time 2-1 win over Wigan on Monday, in which David “Junior” Hoilett (above) played 120 minutes.

And while some fans may balk at Hoilett’s inclusion in a roundup of Canadians abroad – given that he has yet to play on an international level for any country, despite multiple eligibilities – the recent repatriation of Fraser Aird has given hope that perhaps the tide is turning in Canada’s favor when it comes to undecided players.

(continue)
            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
            - Xavi

Comment

Canada secures services of Junior Hoilett for upcoming World Cup qualifiers

Canada’s men’s soccer team has received a major boost ahead of crucial fourth-round FIFA World Cup qualifiers.

Queens Park Rangers winger Junior Hoilett has committed to Canada, ending years of speculation about his international future.

He was also eligible to play for Jamaica through his parents, and back in 2012 there was also talk of him holding out for an England call-up when he was impressing for Blackburn Rovers.

(continue)
              - Xavi

Comment

I see Captain getting ready for another pleading and begging trip!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                X