Junior Hoilett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior Hoilett

Does anyone know who he will represent at international level? He was born in Canada but is also eligible to play for Jamaica i am surprised he haven't been capped yet. One thing i know
    he is a very good player!!

Seems his choice comes down to either Canada or Jamaica.

If you have a bit of time read through this thread; at one point it seemed he might be eligible for the USA, but it turned out he isn't.

Junior Hoilett (Blackburn) an American?
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Comment

The Canadian FA has been on him. He payed in the provincial oDp program and his brother plays for canada u20. He has been ducking them, I think he could play for Jamaica if approached the right way.

Comment

he mention yesterday that he wants to play for England

Junior Hoilett after scoring 2 goals in the relegation battle with Wolves...stated that he could see himself playing a role for England..forget about him wanting to play for Jamaica.
        "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

well first he is not english. He has been there since 14 though, so I dont know how the immigration thing works. But if he things he is going to play in front of gerrrard and company he is a bigger idot than I first thought.

Comment

Firstly, it was the interviewer that asked him about the possibility of him representing England and he said he is focusing on Blackburn then the guy pressed him with another question and he said laughingly that he will definitely "consider" if England calls... http://www.skysports.com/video/inlin...585399,00.html
            Last edited by Lee; March 11, 2012, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Btw.. for the time being, only Canada and Jamaica can provide David Junior Hoilett with International football. As per England special rule with Fifa, Hoilett is not eligible to represent England.

that rule is. England doesn't accept neutralized players for its senior team unless they've been educated in the English education system for 5 years before they turned 18 years old. Because he spent sometime on loan (2 years I think) at St Pauli in Germany, he didn't fulfill this criteria, therefore he is not eligible for England until they changed that special rule...

* Trust me when I say that he was going to represent Canada but his father said no "A JAMAICA MI SEH". Jamaica didn't call and his father was starting to get "fed up" and was going to allow him to go for Canada but then Burrell made the phone call so now he is pushing him to Jamaica again. Hoilett is coming around and the Canadian fans are speeding up things with their constant disrespect and bitchiness...OJ DON'T BE LIKE ONE OF THEM AND START DIS DI MAN because he will soon be in BLACK GREEN & GOLD but not if unuh start dis di man zeen..

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post
                Btw.. for the time being, only Canada and Jamaica can provide David Junior Hoilett with International football. As per England special rule with Fifa, Hoilett is not eligible to represent England.

that rule is. England doesn't accept neutralized players for its senior team unless they've been educated in the English education system for 5 years before they turned 18 years old. Because he spent sometime on loan (2 years I think) at St Pauli in Germany, he didn't fulfill this criteria, therefore he is not eligible for England until they changed that special rule...

* Trust me when I say that he was going to represent Canada but his father said no "A JAMAICA MI SEH". Jamaica didn't call and his father was starting to get "fed up" and was going to allow him to go for Canada but then Burrell made the phone call so now he is pushing him to Jamaica again. Hoilett is coming around and the Canadian fans are speeding up things with their constant disrespect and bitchiness...OJ DON'T BE LIKE ONE OF THEM AND START DIS DI MAN because he will soon be in BLACK GREEN & GOLD but not if unuh start dis di man zeen..
                Well the youth is highly rated and seen as one as the best young players in England. His contract with Blackburn runs out in the summer and all the
                vultures are circleing. Bayern Munich, Tottenham, Arsenal plus a host of other clubs are tracking him and if he is good enough for those why is the good captain and the JFF dragging their heels?

Comment

Originally posted by Lee View Post

Is that also a reference to this rule?

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showp...&postcount=184

Anyway, with both Canada and Jamaica starting WC qualification in June it seems like that should be even more motivation to make his choice soon. But let's see...
                  "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                  - Xavi

Comment

No lee you got it very wrong. I know Jr. form he was 12, not dissing him. I am simple saying he should commit to whom he will play and not sit on the fence. For the longest time it was that he want his long term contract sorted before any decision. The play for England thing was new to me and unlike ownen Heargraves I dont see it.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                      I am simple saying he should commit to whom he will play and not sit on the fence.
                      He could very well end up sitting on the fence and waiting to see how things take shape for the Hexagonal. In fact, if you think about it from his perspective, it probably makes the most sense to do that.

Let's face it: neither Jamaica nor Canada has the greatest record when it comes to World Cup qualification. So why commit to one of them now if he can't be sure whether they'll even make the Hex or not?

And then he knows that he could walk right into the starting lineup of either side. So it wouldn't surprise me at all if he considers it in his best interest to watch and wait.
                      - Xavi

Comment

Leave it to the resident Yank to tell us the BRUTAL truth.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                          Leave it to the resident Yank to tell us the BRUTAL truth.
                          Why are you ethnically abusing Zeppo...and I thought YOU were the resident Yank -- what up wid dat? :scratch-head:
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

well do we want a player who does that. I think that is the problem, now or never.

Comment

yeah no more Marcus Gayle
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X