• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home cooking not helping TT

Men’s U-17 Team

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Juniors Defeat Presidents XI Team 7:0 At Caribbean Cup

Canada’s Men’s U-17 team defeated the Presidents XI (T&T “B” team) 7:0 at the 2006 Youth Caribbean Cup on Saturday.

The rout began in the 13th minute when Jarek Whiteman accepted a long ball on left and ran into the 18 yard box. He then drew two defenders over before feeding it across for Dalvir Malhi who puts it in the back of the net.

Ten minutes later, Kevin Chan Yu-Tin accepts pass at right corner of the 18. He did well to dribble around a defender before sending it across the box for Devin Gunenc in the six. Gunenc made no mistake, putting Canada up two goals to nil for his first of two. His second would come in the 52nd minute.

Cedric Carrie capitalized in the 25th minute after a defender failed to clear the ball in the 18; he then broke in alone and put it past the opponent’s keeper.

Whiteman would add to the tally with goals in the 50th and 55th minutes.

Canada’s last of the day would come in the 60th minute after Whiteman fought off his defender then ran across the baseline toward goal. He managed to draw the attention away from Randy Edwini-Bonsu who waited patiently at the top of the six and scored one timer.

August 19, 2006 - Caribbean Cup

Dwight Yorke Stadium – Trinidad and Tobago

Canada 7(3)

Presidents XI 0(0)

Goals: Canada – Malhi (13), Gunenc (23, 52), Carrie (25), Whiteman (50, 55), Edwini-Bonsu (60)

CANADA: 1-Julien Latendresse-Levesque; 2-Adam Straith; 6-Chris Martinez; 7- Cedric Carrie; 8-Devin Gunenc; 9-Randy Edwini-Bonsu; 13-Colin Paranteau-Michon; 14-Kevin Chan-Yu-Tin (15-Marcus Johnstone, 80); 11-Dalvir Malhi; 16-Jarek Whiteman; 17-Erick Leal

Head coach: Stephen Hart

Subs not used: 3-Daniel Tannous; 12-Mohamed Sylla; 1-Jason Blakely (GK)

RE: home cooking not helping TT

I guess curry monkey aint up to its billing.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

OJ,

To be fair to this "B" side, it is primarily made up of Tobagonian players (more politics) with a few "Trinidadians" who did not make the A side thrown in.

All done in the name of keeping the Tobagonian faction happy.

PeterR
      Peter R

Comment

ok I see.

Comment

Working...
        X