X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASAFA Speaks

Asafa speaks
    Today in Birmingham when ask if he was glad to be running indoors
    for the first time, he said {I did not want to be here but my coach told me this is what we have to do to get fit} is this guy for real how can a sports man turn up at an event that he is expected to win and say i did not want to be here. Ironically his words came back to bite him later when
    Lerone Clarke upstages Jamaican sprint rival Asafa Powell to win the 60m final at the Birmingham Grand Prix.

Commonwealth Games 100m champion Clarke takes first place in 6.47secs, the fastest time of the year, ahead of another Jamaican, Nesta Carter and third-place Powell.
    Jamaican sprinter Asafa Powell will continue his first indoor season since 2004 at the Aviva Grand Prix in Birmingham on Saturday.

The 29-year-old former world record holder is looking to find his form early ahead of this summer's Olympic Games in London.

"It's an important year, a very important year," said Powell.

"Whatever we need to do to get ready and get in shape, we'll be doing it. Definitely I have to work harder."
    "People are still talking about me but it's just another person (Blake) has been added to the table," said Powell. "It's no big deal for me. People will talk about me and always will.

"I'm kind of a laid-back person and I don't really let things affect me too much, so it didn't take very long to get over Daegu."

Personally i dont think we will see Asafa running for Jamaica again unless he is there for the relays cause he has no confident in winning on the big ocasions and the hungrier, and more confident sprinters will always eat his food incidentaly (Lerone Clarke is 30 y-old) but Powel is worying about Blake who is just 22 who he called a baby boy what say you.

Comment

We'll see... JA has a very nice problem... a plethora of sprinters to choose from... we really should take the 4x1 and the 4x4.

Oh, and your post should be in the "Other Sports Forum"... If you see it missing from here the moderators would have moved it over.
      Peter R

Comment

Ok man

Comment

Working...
        X