The proposed Sport Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The proposed Sport Museum

I see there is talks about setting up a long overdue sport museum in Jamaica. There are going to be the obvious choices of which (dead) sporting heroes will grace the walls of this museum....Herb Mac, George Rhoden, George Headley etc. The other obvious choices for living heroes....Ottey, Quarrie, VCB, Bolt. My question is: What are the criteria to be considered worthy enough to be honoured in that museum?

One of my first candidate would be Ricardo Fuller.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

FIRST?!!!!

ahead of lindy delapena? how about gil heron? even norman manley supposed fi in deh!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You missed the "One of my First" part. I know Lindy would be one of the obvious that's why I didn't name him. Never heard about gil heron.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Fuller ? Did he take us to a world cup ? if thats the case whey di Jamaican youth wha play for di NY red bulls name?

Ottey definetly.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Mi nuh care who inna it ... the best Central Defender from CONCACAF must be there. Durrant Tatty Brown!

Tappa has to be there for his 2 goals at the World Cup.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

yuh start off nice den is like yuh head tek yuh and yuh end up waay outtah left field...

Comment

should be a committee similar to how all a fames are chosen. people nominated and voted on based on different areas.. builders and athletes. V campbell, D quarrie, m mcallum, it should be about greatness in your sport not just playing in the epl.

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                yuh start off nice den is like yuh head tek yuh and yuh end up waay outtah left field...
                I am waiting to see some more responses before I put forth my arguments.....especially from Xcuse. Anyway, answer my question first.

Comment

good start OJ. Then Lindy should not be there.

Comment

Greatness can be measured in many ways.. Was Lindy one of the best footballers of his generation or our history.. If yes then he is there.. By this i mean is Nandilu one of best, but is he an all of famer... i know its a can of worms but i would say no... same for pearl and anglin..... but certainly Barnes, Tappa.. Bibbi , cargill and Pepe.... yes pepe.. for track Asafa , bolt, the entire relay teams that set records... holding for cricket, maybe not lrowe...

The hall of fame should be something hard to get in and require performance past the ordinary and also behavior past the ordinary.

Comment

Now you see how this can become a contentious problem. Compare Lindy's career with Fuller's and see who outshine who. While you're at it, on what grounds would John Barnes deserve a place in OUR museum?

Comment

I agree it is contensious.. The Americans struggle with Pete Rose and will with Barry bonds, but Lawerence Taylor is a Hall of Famer... yet he is a coke head.. and many would claim well he is still one of the best of all times. So i understand. I dont have my mind made up on Fuller. I think he would be in the stoke and Preston NE hall of fame quicker than in the Jamaican. Again a contentious point for effect but you get my drift. What did he do in Jamaican colours. we certainly cant put every balla who played at a high level in but some are clearly trail blazers, mind you Fuller has over achieved in my view and I respect him. But what does he have over Teddy who is not a hall a famer or Boyd?. There will be some that will say Vern Campbell should be because she defect but I dont buy it... is Trevor Burbick in? Why Barnes, good question.. because you could argue if you put JB then you need to put lennox lewis and Donavon Bailey.

Comment

den lennox and donovan bailey nuh belong too? if wi a guh put merlene (and we MUST) den yeah. it would make it all the more impressive imho

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I see we are on the same page. The guidelines have to be very clear and the commitee very unbiased (which is going to be very hard in Jamaica). There are many unsung sporting heroes that have helped to put Jamaica's name on the map - Allan "Skill" Cole, Marlon Tucker, James Beckford, Richard "Shrimpy" Clarke etc. What about our coaches, do they deserve to be named also?

Comment

i know that why i said its will be contentious... But how you come with the mosiah reasoning. Merlene is our girl compete for us.. Donovan and Lenox for Canada... but they are true yardman.... but i see where you are going...

Comment

Working...
                              X