Yet another failure under the Boxhill lead JFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another failure under the Boxhill lead JFF

Our under-20's, finishing dead last in a group tha tincluded none other than St. Kitts, during a tournament where our supposedly "future" reggae boyz played second fiddle to alll three teams in their group.

Folks, its full time we let go off the politics that surrounds our football and call a spade a spade. Under the current JFF leadership, our football has made ZERO progress over the past 3-4 years.

Here are the highlights of Boxhill's stint so far:
    1. <LI>Failure to Make the Hex in the last world cup qulifying for the senior men's team.</LI><LI>Failure to advance to the final rounds of the Digicel Cariben Cup finals...Basically, we failed to advance out of a group that included St. Lucia, St. Vincent and Haiti. And we were playing at home.</LI><LI>also, with the failure to play in te hdigicel finals...we also missed out on a chance t oplay in CONCACAF's Flagship tournament ...the GOLD CUP.</LI><LI>Finishing DEAD LAST in the under-20 tournament, conceding five goals, scoring only one. We were outscored by our little brothers from St Kitts, who registered 4 goals to our 1.
      </LI>
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

RE: Yet another failure under the Boxhill lead JFF

RF, I think this goes deeper than Boxhill. If the talent and the coaching isn't there what unuh expect? As Mexx always say we need teachers.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Really not sure we can blame boxhill. What we can say without knowing for sure what was ask by the coach is that this team was under prepared. I see the U17 with better preparation, I also see opportunities where that team could and should have been in miami playing against other u20 the usa and canada and a host of mls clubs are in miami at the moment. I dont know why more was not does or if it was requested and denied. The fact we cant beat st. Kitts is a problem. It could be coaching or it could be planning.

Comment

OJ (2/26/2007)Really not sure we can blame boxhill. What we can say without knowing for sure what was ask by the coach is that this team was under prepared. I see the U17 with better preparation, I also see opportunities where that team could and should have been in miami playing against other u20 the usa and canada and a host of mls clubs are in miami at the moment. I dont know why more was not does or if it was requested and denied. The fact we cant beat st. Kitts is a problem. It could be coaching or it could be planning.
        Poor preperation is what lead to our cellar position placement in the group. From where I stand its the collective responsibilities of the JFF, the national Technical Director and the respective coaches to sit down and determine what level of preperation is required. so I put the blame on all of the above. the best players on the team seem to be the oplayers whop are not based in Jamaica, Joel Senior and Joel Grant are two that come to mind.

Our coaches are not as good aswe think either...since they dont hire themsleves, I have to blame the people who hired them.

when you look at a country like Costa Rica...you have to ask the question: is it a matter of them having more talent than us, or is it a matter of them having better support systems in place for their teams to always do well in CONCACAF. What of Panama?

President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Boxhill must take the blame for all the JFF's failures over the 3-4 years that he has been at the reins. And stop scapegoating the former administration.

It seems all the focus on "youth" which the U-20s are also a part is placed solely on the U-17s which the JFF will and still consider a huge "success" for them. Coach Weatherly came to him with a clear for the U-20s to qualify for the World Cup. But Boxhill and the JFF did not follow thru, instead their focus was on Marlon King and "profitmakingthru real estate".(tdown)(N)

Comment

Senior and Grant (the two Joels or was it Jewels) were above the rest.

However, the talent was clearly there as the on-field 11 and even the subs looked like very decent players. The preparation was not good; as was clearly evident whenever the young Boyz approached the offensive 3rd of the pitch, they seemed clueless.

I hope that Bora will take some of these players and mold them into useable parts for the 2010 squad. Senior, Grant, Dwayne Smith, Montrose Phinn, Keamar Daley and Draion McNain seem capable of senior team call-ups. I expect though, that Bora will surely call the two Joels.
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Farmah (2/26/2007)

I hope that Bora will take some of these players and mold them into useable parts for the 2010 squad. Senior, Grant, Dwayne Smith, Montrose Phinn, Keamar Daley and Draion McNain seem capable of senior team call-ups. I expect though, that Bora will surely call the two Joels.
              The goalkeeper will also be in the senior mix.

Farmah, the talent is there. Difficult for some of us to see it, butthese are the ones that would have laughed us to scorn if we said two years ago that Luton Shelton will be playing in the EPL.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

when in doubt blame boxhill yuh wake up this morning yuh cannot find yuh belt blame boxhill. yuh lorse yuh car key blame boxhill fault

Comment

stop pointing fingures

Comment

Yes, Dwayne Kerr is one for the future but with our present depth of keepers (Ricketts, Sawyers, McCallum, Whittaker, Murray, Barrett and Gordon)
                    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

<DIV>
                      Farmah (2/26/2007)Yes, Dwayne Kerr is one for the future but with our present depth of keepers (Ricketts, Sawyers, McCallum, Whittaker, Murray, Barrett and Gordon)
                      </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>With our present group, he is among the best! Get Leon Gordon's name out of there, and Sawyers is apparently on his way out. Maybe Bora can revive his desire.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>It's interesting that Ricketts, who should be a shoo-in for the position, is the worst of the lot when it comes to restarting the game.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Talent? Again, what unuh define as talent?Gwaan fool unuhself.
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

<DIV>Nuh worry, Lazie. You would have been one of them laffing.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Yuh and HL can gwaan keep up unnu campaign.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (2/26/2007)<DIV>Nuh worry, Lazie. You would have been one of them laffing.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Yuh and HL can gwaan keep up unnu campaign.</DIV>
                            How pathetic? When an individual nuh follow the status quo unuh claim its a campaign? Call it what unuh want. The youth dem nuh good. I don't even see the need to blame Boxhill because the talent just isn't there.

Mi see a midfielder pass the ball to the forward (Grant I think his name is) and the youth simply lay off the ball, expecting the midfielder to be running into the space. Guess what? the youth pass the ball and start to ball watch.

Unuh can fool unuhself bout talent. We can't even beat St. Kitts to rahtid.

Comment

I hope u r happy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X