Fact: Karl Brown could have squeezed more from the sub-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fact: Karl Brown could have squeezed more from the sub-20

NOT TAKING ANYTHING FROM THE CURRENT SUB-20 COACH...BUT KARL BROWN COULD HAVEACHIEVED MORE FROM THE BUNCH OF PLAYERS ISAW PLAYED DAY-BEFORE- YESTERDAY AND THIS EVENING.

SEEMS TO ME THAT IF THESE ARE THE FUTURE OF JAMAICAN FOOTBALL--THEN THE FUTURE LOOKS VERY DIM. tHOSE OF YOU WHO WATCHED THE FINAL GAME BETWEEN cOSTA RICA AND MEXICO WILL KNOW WHAT I MEAN. (MEXICO HAD 7 STARTERS SITTING ON THE BENCH).

THE JAMAICAN PLAYERS WHO APPEAR TO HAVE SOME SEMBLANCE OF FOOTBALL BASICS ARE THE 'EXPATRIATES' ON THE TEAM. CASE IN POINT, THAT INDIAN FELLOW WHO ATTEND HOWARD U. THE KID JUST RUNS AND RUNS AND RUNS...

SO MOSIAH, YOU GET EVEN MONEY.

I SAW WHERE YOU WERE TAKING BETS AGAINST LOWLY ST. KITTS. ST. KITTS FURTHER EXPOSED HOW MUCH FOOTBALL IN JAMAICA IS FALLING BEHIND AGAIN.

OH, BY-THE-WAY, CAPT. HORRACE BURRELL TOO COULD INJECT SOME LIFE INTO JAMAICAN FOOTBALL AS HE HAD DONE IN THE PAST. THE JFF PRESIDENT BOXHILL IS A BLINKING WASTE OF OXYGEN. `(figuratively speakin').
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

RE: Fact: Karl Brown could have squeezed more from the sub-20

HL - beg you pardon...how does a speculative opinion become fact? I saw the game today and I think that we need more discipline...and more ball handling skill. Our boyz don't look like they have any ball control or sense of shape. Two very good (excellent actually) goals though. You have to give St. Kitts respect as they never gave up...that goal was a thing of pure quality...the striker didn't hesitate to lace the ball at the exact moment he should have.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Strangest thing about that U-20 side is that the only man who know how to pass is a yute who hasn't played football for the year. Looks like they need to keep the players as far as possible from Weatherly's Camps.

I can understand the game being too fast for some of these players, but the mass launching of the ball while under no pressure is madness.

Comment

I said it from the first game I saw. These youths have no tactical discipline, no shape, they are just playing off what the coach said "the ball is round anything can happen".

I think the talent is there, but we need a good coach to harness this talent and get them playing as a unit, making passes which get to their intended teammates, attacking and defending as a team, understand some of the basics like running off the ball when attacking to give their man on the ball support and options to which he can play. Players are still taking too many touches on the ball.

I think Dean Weatherly is out of his depths at this level. He needs to go back coaching Cornwall College in DaCosta Cup. Maybe if he is kept in the program, it can help hone his coaching skills for down the road. Right now, I do not think he is showing us anything that he is ready at this level.

To say there are no talented players on display would be stretching it a bit. I thought the GK was good and even a better prospect than Donovan Ricketts. His goalkeeping arsenal shows more depth than our current senior gk Ricketts. Joel Senior is a good youth too, but he needs to come to play in football boots and not the tennis shoes he must have been wearing. Why is it that he is always slipping so much?

Joel Grant had a good goal. I must say though that he might be born in England and attached to an EPL club (Watford), but he is the typical Jamaican player. Everytime he gets the ball he holds his head down and start dribbling, trying to take on two and three defenders and invariable loosing the ball. Like his Jamaican bother players, he will score one every now and then, but his non-passing play kills the game for us. What happened to the youth Morissey? Was he too old for this competition.

Anyway, what I have seen of the team, it is nothing that good coaching won't fix. A good place to start would be studying the game statistics to see how we make our passes and see what percentage of them are completed. This could help identify the people who need to work on their passing skills. For example, I believe the captain Cousins does not look when and where he is going to pass the ball. He just kicks it in a direction he thinks a player should be, with i ending upwith the opponents the majority of the time.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Tilla,I was going to write my opinions on the game last night, but I think you have covered and said basically everything that I wanted to say. Thank you. I don't know why everybody is getting their underwear all up in a bunch, i did not expect much from these kids. Without playing/practicing against high-level competition, we never really stood a chance. I am patiently waiting to see what Bora can do to fix our many ills.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

If it wasn't too soon to start congratulating Bora, how can it be too soon to start...., Bora betta get ready fi de tongue lashing from the PM.

Blessed

Comment

Ok Paul, this forum will tell you thatI am the most reasonable person on the surface of this planet. Juss Ax Mosiah orax Gamma.

The fact that Carl Brown leading the sub-20 wouldresult ina better outcome still stand. What? you don't think Brown would have done a better job?

Your reply clearly states some of the deficiencies with the team. With the current limited pool of prospective coaches in Jamaica, name <U>one</U> that could have done a better job.

(Jawge 3:16)(Pray)
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

is true paul....hl is almost never unreasonable, but only sometimes!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                X