Quiet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiet!

I guess we have all been 'wiped-out'by what we saw this week.

Poor teams!

Guess Bora's magic was not working...(hopefully) it is only "not yet"? (Pray)(Pray)(Pray)

Suggestion - We sleep it off and return tomorrow recharged!

Bye!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Quiet!

Karl (2/25/2007)I guess we have all been 'wiped-out'by what we saw this week.

Poor teams!

Guess Bora's magic was not working...(hopefully) it is only "not yet"? (Pray)(Pray)(Pray)

Suggestion - We sleep it off and return tomorrow recharged!

Bye!

Bora? Is Bora the coach of the under-20's? Was Bora even in Mexico for the first two games?
    I saw bora at last nights game vs St. Kitts...sitting in teh stands...he was just there for moral support. I am sure he is not pleased at what he saw from the players....and the coach (Weatherly).
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

RF, which is more important, the U-20 qualifiers or the Lunar Cup?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (2/26/2007)RF, which is more important, the U-20 qualifiers or the Lunar Cup?
        In my books, the under-20 tournament is <U>much, much</U> more important than the under-23s participation in the Lunar cup. For very obvious reasons. Why wasn't Bora with the under-20's instead of being all the way in China winning the Lunar cup? Good question. Could it be thatBora was giving the under-20 coach an opportunity to "complete" the job that he started? We should'nt assume that Bora will take the same path taken by Simoes (being involved with every national team at a hands on level during tournaments)...afterall, Bora's job description script might read much different from that of simoes back in the day.

I believe one of the first thing Bora needs to do over the course of the next couple years is bring in qualified people to assist with the development of our football at the youth level...like Simoes did under the Burrell Administration. Its no coincidence that we had two youth world cup qualifications under the Simoes/Walter Gamma implemented system.

Now we have to start all over again. Yes, the under-17s have a glorious chance to qualify....I am optimistic that they will...but at the same time, I'm, not holding my breath.

President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

<DIV>
          Reggae-Fan (2/26/2007)
          Mosiah (2/26/2007)RF, which is more important, the U-20 qualifiers or the Lunar Cup?
          In my books, the under-20 tournament is <U>much, much</U> more important than the under-23s participation in the Lunar cup. For very obvious reasons. Why wasn't Bora with the under-20's instead of being all the way in China winning the Lunar cup? Good question. Could it be thatBora was giving the under-20 coach an opportunity to "complete" the job that he started? We should'nt assume that Bora will take the same path taken by Simoes (being involved with every national team at a hands on level during tournaments)...afterall, Bora's job description script might read much different from that of simoes back in the day.

I believe one of the first thing Bora needs to do over the course of the next couple years is bring in qualified people to assist with the development of our football at the youth level...like Simoes did under the Burrell Administration. Its no coincidence that we had two youth world cup qualifications under the Simoes/Walter Gamma implemented system.

Now we have to start all over again. Yes, the under-17s have a glorious chance to qualify....I am optimistic that they will...but at the same time, I'm, not holding my breath.
          </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I appreciate the unequivocal response. Many are not so brave.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>When asked the question, Bora gave a sheepish response, saying for him the Lunar Cup was more important. I don't think he could have said anything else. He embellished it with some explanation that seemed a little cloudy. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>In my view, the U-20 is more important. And that doesn't mean that Bora should have intervened when he did. I wouldn't want to see the TD taking over the coaches' duties when qualifying time comes along. If the TD didn't have any faith in the coach up to then, then the coach should not have been around for so long.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I guess the question is, why didn't Bora spend some more time with the U-20, assisting in either the training or improving the coach's competence and knowledge? That is, of course, if he thought it needed improvement. Could he have also arranged some games with some international teams for the U-20 side? But this rescue mission that apparently he went on must stop. Itis also the quick fix approach that we should be trying to get away from.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>So, it's not that Bora couldn't take off with the Lunar team, but make sure enough is in place so that we don't continue to fail the Boyz.</DIV><DIV></DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (2/26/2007)<DIV>
            Reggae-Fan (2/26/2007)

</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I appreciate the unequivocal response. Many are not so brave.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>When asked the question, Bora gave a sheepish response, saying for him the Lunar Cup was more important. I don't think he could have said anything else. He embellished it with some explanation that seemed a little cloudy. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>In my view, the U-20 is more important. And that doesn't mean that Bora should have intervened when he did. I wouldn't want to see the TD taking over the coaches' duties when qualifying time comes along. If the TD didn't have any faith in the coach up to then, then the coach should not have been around for so long.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I guess the question is, why didn't Bora spend some more time with the U-20, assisting in either the training or improving the coach's competence and knowledge? That is, of course, if he thought it needed improvement. Could he have also arranged some games with some international teams for the U-20 side? But this rescue mission that apparently he went on must stop. Itis also the quick fix approach that we should be trying to get away from.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>So, it's not that Bora couldn't take off with the Lunar team, but make sure enough is in place so that we don't continue to fail the Boyz.</DIV><DIV></DIV>
            And what role did the JFF have to play in all this? It seemed to me from day one that they were giving more priority to the under-17s, who recently had a two game series against world champs mexico in Jamaica...while at the same time the under-20's were playing a bunch of corner league sides.

As much as Bora is the TD...I am sure he doesnt have the power to just willy nilly go out and bring teams here the likes of Panama or USA ... The JFF hierarchy must be involved with this at a higher level.

Iam sure Bora is taking notes as he go along.

Comment

All points are valid however I agree more with Mosiah and Reggae Fan.

Any coach knows that theU-20 or any World Cup qualifiers are important but Boraclearly outlined his plan in December 2006 which he would start in the second week of January (after the X-mas feast) and involvedcounty bycounty trainingcamps search for a national local-basedgroup ofReggae boyzfor international friendlies and tournaments. Since it would be almost impossible to get the overseas-basedReggae Boyz. Sochosed not to intervene with Coach Weatherly's plan-which, may I remind everyone was not followed thru by the JFF.

Bora probably recalled what happened when the new JFF administration made the mistake of changing Coach Carl Brown to Coach Lazaroni in the middle of the 2002 qualifiers. And Lazaroni had more time to know the players. Bora had lees time so I will assume that's his reason for not spending more time with the U-20s. But, at the same time, I'm sure Coach Weatherly attended Bora's workshops withother coaches and players.

So it was not a matter ofBora thinking less of the U-20 qualifiers but that the Lunar Cup washis waytoimplement his "stepping stone" mentality to the nationalprogramme.And I think that was his reason for cancelling the Costa Rica friendly. <DIV></DIV>

Comment

Working...
              X