When I think of Arsenal I think of good football and ugly brawls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I think of Arsenal I think of good football and ugly brawls

Why are their playersalwaysinvolved in some big mix-up?

Chelsea win dramatic Carling Cup final
    25/02/2007 - 17:10:21

<SPAN class=storybody>Two goals from in-form Ivorian striker Didier Drogba earned Chelsea their second Carling Cup triumph in three years at Cardiff’s Millennium stadium as they defeated Arsenal 2-1.

Arsenal had forged an 11th minute lead in a thrilling contest when Theo Walcott scored his first goal for the club with a lofted shot.

But Chelsea equalised nine minutes later through Didier Drogba’s angled drive - and he outjumped Philippe Senderos to glance home a cross from Arjen Robben for his 28th goal of the season five minutes from time.

But the afternoon was marred by a serious head injury to Chelsea captain John Terry and red cards for team-mate Mikel Jon Obi and Arsenal skipper Kolo Toure and substitute Emmanuel Adebayor.

Frank Lampard, who had endured a quiet game by his own standards, hit the bar in the 74th minute with a typical long-range drive.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=storybody>It emerged that Terry had swallowed his tongue on the pitch but had regained consciousness by the time he reached the tunnel and was later taken to hospital.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=storybody>And Chelsea clinched the Carling Cup for the second time in three years when Drogba headed home a cross by Robben five minutes from time.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=storybody>Shevchenko should have made it three with a minute of normal time remaining but, like Lampard, he smashed his effort against the woodwork.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=storybody>Stoppage-time was marred by a mass brawl sparked by a confrontation between Mikel and Toure.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=storybody>Both managers ran on to the pitch to calm the situation as various scuffles broke out and both players were later sent off – along with Arsenal substitute Emmanuel Adebayor.</SPAN>

<SPAN class=storybody>Both clubs could now find themselves in hot water with the FA for failing to control their players. </SPAN>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: When I think of Arsenal I think of good football and ugly brawls

we dont take **** from idiat. or maybe shatta would say they are so many of us on that team.. if you know waht a mean..

Comment

so many of us on that team..
      spoil sports? Yuh have a point.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I do not like this 'fighting'!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Its the Arsenal way. Everytime unuh lose or draw di players act like some bitches. Especially one name Fabregas.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

<SPAN class=storybody>
            It emerged that Terry had swallowed his tongue on the pitch
            </SPAN>

<SPAN class=storybody>Is this possible? I remember when I was a teenager we used to use the term swallowing your tongue to indicate a situation which caused shock or fright etc. I never thought it was actually possible.</SPAN>
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
            X