Question for the m-u fanz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the m-u fanz

Who is your first choice for goalie, lindergaard or de gea?
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

... Lindergaad.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Question for the liverpool fans.. wAs it in poor taste to boo Evra.. you all condoing rascism...

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
        Question for the liverpool fans.. wAs it in poor taste to boo Evra.. you all condoing rascism...
        Okay, so let me just say this for the record. If there is anyone on this board who has been racially abused on the football field, come forward. I told this before in another post, but that has happened to me to the point of a fist fight which resulted in me and the other youth getting red cards. That was the worst of several racist incidents I endured living in a white country in the '70's as a teenager. In no way shape or form do I condone any racist behaviour on or off the football field. If Suarez, King Kenny or any of them were racists I would throw them under the bus in a heartbeat. So with that, here's my take on the Evra booing:

1. When the FA Report came out, I read it cover to cover. I even got into arguments with a Canadian reporter from the Ottawa Citizen by email who totally mischaracterised the affair and CLEARLY did not read the report despite his protests to the contrary.

2. Suarez in my opinion is no victim other than the victim of poor administration by the club, poor legal representation and a flawed tribunal process. I doesn't take much to realize his lawyer was off his game and that the tribunal's process and findings were inconsistent. If you read the report, it is SHOCKING how many disparities are in it. I could write an entire dissertation on the flaws in their report, not the least of which were a "Findings of Fact" which were nothing more than Evra's side of the story.

3. Evra in my opinion is troubled. And I mean disturbed. He told six (6) different stories. He used 6 different words besides "negro" including ni--er, niegre, negro, black and others in his tales to giggs, (nani, anderson, valencia), the ref, the ref's assistant, the statement and Canal+. It is hard for me to believe that anything more than a misinterpretation did occur and he over reacted, not unlike what he did at Chelsea with his racist accusations against a groundskeeper later found to be exaggerated.

Now - was it racist to boo Evra? No. Besides my opinion that Evra is an ************** who always deserves to be booed (even if the Suarez affair did not occur) there was no racial element to the booing, just the crowd's show of support for their player.

Now - are we condoning racism? Others have said it here with regard to our own culture. For example, have you ever referred to a man of chinese origin in Jamaica as "a chiney man"? That is about as racist as Suarez's references to Evra. Were Fuller to call Ji Sung Park a "chiney" man he would be guilty under RULE E3(1) of the FA's rule book. IT IS AN EXACT PARALLEL.

Lastly, what is really sad, is that John Terry will have a greater chance of justice because the standard in a criminal case for determining guilt/innocence (beyond reasonable doubt) is far higher than the "balance of probabilities" standard used against Suarez by the FA tribunal.

A very crazy and unfortunate affair brought on by a petty little man with deep problems.
        Last edited by Paul Marin; January 29, 2012, 07:19 PM.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

respect sah... Funny enough i took a taXI on Friday with an old Equadorian driver and we got to talking about football and he said the term is used in his country of endearment but he ( even refers to his wive like that) but HE says Uruguayan uses both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post

.... one was even caught on camera doing monkey impressions. He has been arrested. Paul can spin this all he wants. When I look at a Liverpool line up ... I only see Glen Johnson .... no wonder things seem to be the norm for the fans.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Get your head out of the sand amigo... do you think the MU fans are any better??? if you do I have a bridge and a river you might want to buy...and tell me what is going to happen when Suarez returns to Old Trafford? they're going to roll out a red carpet and sing Kumbaya??? LOL

The Liverpool dud was arrested and rightly so... does not negate the man's argument which none of you has addressed, I haven't read the report so I rely on trusted counsel to do so...who do you rely on? Fergie? Evra? ha ha ha
              Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                Get your head out of the sand amigo... do you think the MU fans are any better??? if you do I have a bridge and a river you might want to buy...and tell me what is going to happen when Suarez returns to Old Trafford? they're going to roll out a red carpet and sing Kumbaya??? LOL

The Liverpool dud was arrested and rightly so... does not negate the man's argument which none of you has addressed, I haven't read the report so I rely on trusted counsel to do so...who do you rely on? Fergie? Evra? ha ha ha

there is nothing to argue ... unuh can spin it like gig .... condemn Suarez's action and move forward. Whats the purpose of booing Evra? This is 2012, smady racially offend you ... what should you accept it and be silent?

Suarez being booed is a different matter .... of couse ppl that say liverpool won't see that.

Comment

Boos could deter racism reports

"Black players may be worried about reporting such things, if there is going to be a backlash like this."
                  Taylor says the Suarez incident has highlighted that racism is still a problem in the game and that more needs to be done to address it.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...racism-reports

Comment

I will condemn his action when it is SATISFACTORILY PROVEN that he committed a racist act. punto final on that. It has not been done to my satisfaction...btw did you read the report?

And should I have been offended the other day when I walked into the liquor store and the sales guuy said... "yes red man" ??

You steadfastly never address any question asked.. talk about spinning... gimme a break...
                    Peter R

Comment

Working...
                    X