Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Cunningham signs with team in Guatemala

Cunningham signs with Communicaciones

The deal between Comunicaciones and Jeff Cunningham has been finalized with the former Columbus Crew player signing a one-year contract Friday afternoon.

The MLS’ all-time leading scorer with 134 goals is looking to help a young squad and said heading to Guatemala is a positive move.

“It is a good change. The league is very competitive, and I am at a good club, and I am looking forward to the challenge,” Cunningham said “It is going to be interesting to see how well I settle in, and the goals are going to come, but I am confident I will have success here.”

(continue)
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

Very good

Originally posted by Zeppo View Post
    Cunningham signs with Communicaciones

The deal between Comunicaciones and Jeff Cunningham has been finalized with the former Columbus Crew player signing a one-year contract Friday afternoon.

The MLS’ all-time leading scorer with 134 goals is looking to help a young squad and said heading to Guatemala is a positive move.

“It is a good change. The league is very competitive, and I am at a good club, and I am looking forward to the challenge,” Cunningham said “It is going to be interesting to see how well I settle in, and the goals are going to come, but I am confident I will have success here.”

(continue)
    This is one of the top two team in Guatemala. Good for him.

Comment

Yes, a good move and a good number of national team members who featured against Jamaica in Gold Cup were from that club. The other top team is Municipal.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Correct

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
        Yes, a good move and a good number of national team members who featured against Jamaica in Gold Cup were from that club. The other top team is Municipal.
        Two of my mates have worked in their youth program. One still does the other sits on our board of Director for GSM Guatemala. Both fine men that I met about 2 years ago when I worked with the Municipal U16 team in a coaching course. Guatemalans are simply good friendly people.

Comment

He scores! (minute 1:03)
          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

Cunningham revels in Guatemalan odyssey

When the name Jeff Cunningham is mentioned, the letters MLS loom large.

As the league’s all-time scoring leader and a two-time Golden Boot winner, it's difficult to think of many players more intricately associated with Major League Soccer than Cunningham.

But over the past winter, after 14 seasons spent with six different MLS clubs, the Jamaican-born striker headed south to Guatemala and signed for CSD Comunicaciones, a move that raised more than a few eyebrows.

(continue)
            - Xavi

Comment

Working...
            X