Pass Masters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pass Masters!

If you don't have time to read the entire article, check the tables. Earlier in the season Swansea had a player with 100% passing accuracy. Yesterday Karl expressed his surprise at how Swansea is playing ....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...0/Pass-masters
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Peter R, Things Are Looking Up For Your African Cup Links

www.n2n4u.net had a game earlier today Ivory Coast vs. Libya.

Since both teams are in the African Cup, but in different groups, I will take a wild guess that the match was a friendly in preparation for the competition which starts next week.

Comment

Nathan Dyer is a good little player, he would improve the Reggae Boyz squad!!

Comment

They were excellent TEAM!

Good post, Sir Lazie!
        ...and it is obvious I was not giving Swansea the RESPEK DUE!
        They were flying under my radar!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Impressive looking passing stats. But stats also include short passes which could be to a player a couple feet away. Wont go over board right now with Swansea .Remember what happened to Hull and Blackpool first season After impressive starts

Comment

Originally posted by GazX View Post
            Impressive looking passing stats. But stats also include short passes which could be to a player a couple feet away. Wont go over board right now with Swansea .Remember what happened to Hull and Blackpool first season After impressive starts
            In last season's UCL final Xavi and Inestia had the most passes between 2 players .... many of which were short passes.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

many times yuh haffi mek short passes fi draw in the defending players thereby opening up spaces. it serves a purpose and clearly these to teams use it to good effect so, what is the beef?

real madrid sell makele to chelsea because he "only pased the ball a few feet" and went for beckham who could pass the ball 40 yards ... we all know how makele fared at chelsea and beckham at real madrid

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                many times yuh haffi mek short passes fi draw in the defending players thereby opening up spaces. it serves a purpose and clearly these to teams use it to good effect so, what is the beef?

real madrid sell makele to chelsea because he "only pased the ball a few feet" and went for beckham who could pass the ball 40 yards ... we all know how makele fared at chelsea and beckham at real madrid
                ... How did Beckham mek out at RM? He did win La Liga in his last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  In last season's UCL final Xavi and Inestia had the most passes between 2 players .... many of which were short passes.
                  Short passes between short players.
                  "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                  - Xavi

Comment

Question of whats the most effective. long ball/pass or short passing.
                    Right now short range passing seems flavour of the month, next month is wowing over how accurate and effective gerrard or beckham long rang is.

Comment

And makele?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Question of whats the most effective. long ball/pass or short passing.
                        Right now short range passing seems flavour of the month, next month is wowing over how accurate and effective gerrard or beckham long rang is.
                        GazX - I am not sure I am following your logic. The article compared players passing accuracy (regardless of whether they were short passes or long passes) not the effectiveness of the pass.
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Point is, i think the stats can be misleading. I mean J. Terry looking at that table has the third best passing stats. What does that suggest?
                          That J.T sshould be playing for Barca and is a more accurate and better passer than Busquets?

Comment

Point is, i think the stats can be misleading. I mean J. Terry looking at that table has the third best passing stats. What does that suggest? That J.T sshould be playing for Barca and is a more accurate and better passer than Busquets?
                            The stats are the stats. How you choose to interpret them or how open you are to have others opinions influence you is your business. So to me personally, JT's passing numbers could be perfect, there are other aspects of the game that don't make him a good fit at Barca. However, that doesn't take away the fact that his numbers ARE the third best. That is indisputable.
                            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                              The stats are the stats. How you choose to interpret them or how open you are to have others opinions influence you is your business. So to me personally, JT's passing numbers could be perfect, there are other aspects of the game that don't make him a good fit at Barca. However, that doesn't take away the fact that his numbers ARE the third best. That is indisputable.
                              Im personally aint too trusting in the stats given. I mean who (except the team coaches/managers) is really keeping an eye on every player on a pitch, and actually keeping a count on the stats.
                              I bet if you looked at two different stats compiled by two different agencies observing the same game you'd have two different set of stats..

Comment

Working...
                              X