RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

mattocks... 2nd overall pick in mls draft...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Mattocks' mouth going to get him into trouble. Talks too much and seems a little arrogant. Needs to chill! Yuh nuh see him all have accent arready!

Cyaan say mi neva tell unnu!

Here is a link to the interview of Mattocks on TVJ. Hearing the complete interview done on Thursday 1-12-12, the guy no say anything out of the ordinary, when he was ask the question about playing in USA. As for the accent, a video (interview) on You Tube of him and Tullock a few games into their freshman season at Akron the youth a try articulate himself as much as possible. This is a positive than negative. He represent himself, family and Jamaica well on Thursday giving speeches and interviews at the draft.

http://www.televisionjamaica.com/Pro...x/Videos/15054
    Last edited by Tballa; January 14, 2012, 04:54 PM.

Comment

All him have to do is start scoring some goals and he will be an media magnet. he has an ego but manageable so mark my word when he starts scoring.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Fair interview. But my criticism of the player is based on other interviews I have heard or read and some reports from the U-23 camp.

I wish him all the best. Just wish he would talk less, at least until he makes his mark professionally.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

[quote=Mosiah;337157]Fair interview. But my criticism of the player is based on other interviews I have heard or read and some reports from the U-23 camp.

I haven't seen or heard any outrageous interview from this guy. There is nothing wrong with saying he wants to score lots of goals, play for Jamaica and help Jamaica reach the world cup. It appears the people in the national youth system in Jamaica has/had their own agenda. You know what it says about the people in our youth system in Jamaica? It fails to nurture and develop such exceptional talent we have right in our own back yard. How can a youth with such abundance a talent not represent Jamaica's youth teams? If it wasn't for Mr. Chin at Waterhouse FC reaching out to Mr. Porter at Akron, such great talent would've wilt and dash away in Jamaica. A article on Jamaica-star with Robin Fraser (Jamaican-born) sum it up in a nutshell. Link to the article in below.

"The talent in the island surfaces early, but often wilts without proper nurturing. And despite admitting his own club has been slow to join the talent search in Jamaica, Fraser is keen to catch up on exploring the possibilities. "It's something that I really want to do and want to be able to find young players," he said. "I feel like if you put them in the right environment, you're going to get really good things out of them."

http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/2012...s/sports2.html

Scouts had raved Mattocks, the USA U23 coach had raved him. One also must note: Lebron James, Kobe Bryant, Micheal Jordan, Dwayne Wade, Shag, Dwight Howard, Peyton Manning etc. didn't play one day professional ball before they were paid big money and projected to be good/great professionals. Scouts are paid to evaluate talent.., some players are projected to make immediate impact and some in 1-3 years.
          Most
          of the times the projections are right. Just thought I throw that information out there. I look forward to seeing this talent representing my country.

Comment

Don't be so harsh with our local coaches. I saw Mattocks at the U-23 training and he hardly distinguished himself. I understand his mother was sick at the time and he was always making excuses, or citing reasons, whichever one you choose, to have to stay with her or something to that effect.

He got a fair chance to make that team and he did not. And then I understand he had a lot to say on FB about the strikers who went and were not able to achieve qualification to the next round.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Comment to article in the Gleaner:

Ras Penco
              1/15/2012
              This kid has a lot of potential as a footballer but his interviewing skills are really poor. To make money in the MLS he will have to depend on marketing himself as well and talking the way he does won't help. He looked very shabby at the draft wearing a suit twice the size of his small frame. Not presentable at all for the 2nd overall pick. I know he will do well but football these days is a little more than kicking the ball around. It's all about image too & I hope he works on that. Good luck!

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1jckVenfT

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He looked very shabby at the draft wearing a suit twice the size of his small frame.
                "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                - Xavi

Comment

Mattocks a bleach too?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

david byrne was drafted too? better late than .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Easy

Mattocks a bleach too?!?!
                      He didn't go to Munro. In time all will get better for the lad. Hope all good. Hanif is talking.

Comment

Looks like he's trying to give himself a receding hairline on purpose:

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                        - Xavi

Comment

bigger forehead to head the ball... more goals him seh...
                          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
                          X