Racist chants against Danny Alves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racist chants against Danny Alves

in Cornella El-Prat stadium. The article, very brief on Marca.com didn't identify what they were saying. They only concluded that it remains to be seen what the referee would say in his post match report. Not holding my breath...it's Spain.

hope you can read Spanish.
    http://www.marca.com/2012/01/08/futb...326058217.html
    Peter R

Pochettino slams Alves abuse

Espanyol coach Mauricio Pochettino has condemned the racist abuse aimed at Barcelona defender Dani Alves during Sunday night's Catalan derby and said it needs to be "eradicated'' from football.

GettyImagesDani Alves was unable to ensure Barcelona claimed victory as they drew 1-1 with Espanyol on Sunday

Sections of fans targeted Alves with monkey noises during the 1-1 Primera Division draw at Espanyol's Cornella-El Prat stadium.
    Pochettino said after the game in El Mundo Deportivo: "We condemn it, we want to get away from these situations. We want to eradicate these things and I'm right behind that.''
    Brazil international Alves insisted he had not heard the racist chants during the game, saying: "I didn't hear anything because I'm only thinking about the field of play.''
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

A certain football club can learn a thing from the Espanyol coach, instead of wearing shirts supporting almshouse ... then like hypocrites issue statement when the own fans duh the same thing.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well said.

Comment

I agree that, LIVERPOOL, you can call de club name yu kno'... a nuh fi yu one back broad and for that matter any other club should NOT support almshouse... BUT let's compare apples to apples please.

The situation that happened in Spain has been a long ongoing one and NOT a today item where FANS are allowed to abuse players with impunity... ask Etoo. The Suarez situation as some of us with discerning minds is not the same situation.
          Peter R

Comment

Working...
          X