Jamaican linked to liverpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican linked to liverpool

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/01/junior-hoilett-left-out-of-blackburn-squad-amidst-talks-with-lfc/

Blackburn winger Junior Hoilett has been left out of their squad for the FA Cup tie against Newcastle this afternoon amidst reports of Liverpool having opened talks with the Lancashire side.
    The 21 year old Canadian winger has been linked with a move to Anfield, or Tottenham, in the transfer window due to Blackburn’s financial position and his contract expiring this summer.
    It is likely Rovers will cash in on the youngster now rather than allow him to leave for free this summer. By not playing him today he would not be cup-tied for any new club.
    Manager Steve Kean said earlier this week “If he [Hoilett] would like to commit his future to the club we have always said from day one that we would like to get it tied up. He has probably taken the opportunity to look elsewhere. I don’t know where he is on it. If we can get to a point where he wants to sign then great.
    “If not, if there is a bid that comes in then we would obviously have to consider that, and the fact that he hadn’t signed. But no bids have come in.”
    Along with Hoilett, Liverpool are also reported to be in talks with Swansea over their winger Scott Sinclair.
    Born and raised in Canada, Hoilett is also eligible to play for both Canada and Jamaica through family. He has not yet express a interest in playing international.
    [edit]Personal life

His brother Jaineil Hoilett currently plays for 1. FSV Mainz 05.[12]

THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Interesting website:

http://www.davidhoilett.com/index.html

Technically ,we have two midfielders in the top leagues in europe,young too.Prem & Bundeslegia.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Brothers get their kicks
      Junior and Jaineil Hoilett take their soccer games from Brampton backyard to European stage

STEVEN SANDOR, QMI AGENCY First posted: Friday, December 18, 2009 03:13 AM EST | Updated: Friday, December 18, 2009 03:17 AM EST

Report an error
      The Hoiletts' Brampton backyard was a training ground.
      Just a few blocks from the Bramalea City Centre, it was where David (Junior) and Jaineil Hoilett learned to play soccer. Junior was a childhood prodigy, and Jaineil, two years younger, worked his butt off trying to keep up with big brother.
      Now, at 19, Junior is playing in the world's most popular sports league, the English Premiership. He might be the best talent Blackburn Rovers have produced in a decade. Meanwhile, Jaineil, 17, is with the junior arm of FSV Mainz, playing regularly and looking to become a first-team player in Germany's top division.
      FIRST EPL START
      Junior got his first EPL start Saturday in a draw with Hull City, and was a key part of the Carling Cup upset of Chelsea two weeks ago. He came on as a sub and scored in the penalty shootout.
      "I was nervous at first, but things went well once I got my feelings under control," he said of his first EPL start.
      But Junior hasn't committed to play for the Canadian national team. He turned down a recent invitation to join the squad for friendlies in Poland and Macedonia.
      Both have said that the prospects of playing for the national team aren't foremost in their minds. For Jaineil, the decision still is a few years away. But, when it comes to Junior, Canadian soccer fans are waiting on pins and needles.
      "Right now, I'm focused on establishing myself in the first team, and establishing myself as a Rovers player," Junior said in an exclusive interview.
      "No, I just feel I need to focus on my club at the moment."
      Said Jaineil: "It's not time yet to make a decision. I've got a lot of years ahead of me. My focus is on club football, not international football, at the moment."
      But there's no arguing that both are special players who could have a major impact on the Canadian program for years to come. Last year, while on loan with German side St. Pauli -- where he teamed with his younger brother -- Junior was such a hit that the fans unfurled a huge banner beseeching him not to return to England.
      Football writer Gary York of the Lancashire Telegraph wrote Junior is "one of the best prospects to have come through the club's academy since David Dunn and Damien Duff." Both of those players have gone on to long and fruitful careers.
      But, will Junior stay at Blackburn? Jaineil was Blackburn property until he was 16, but the family decided to explore other options. Father David Sr. and mom, Ingrid, didn't like the way Blackburn kept loaning Junior out to German teams, and didn't want the younger son to go through the same experience. Junior has not signed a new contract, and rumours fly that he will want to move on as well, with a possible move to a big German club as early as January.
      Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce even travelled to Brampton from England to meet with the Hoiletts, to sell them on the idea that Junior was indeed part of the Rovers' long-term plans.
      "Can I say no comment on my situation right now?" Junior said. "He (Allardyce) did come to Canada to visit my parents. And that did show me that they really want to keep me here. Actually, I'm really comfortable here."
      While Junior isn't talking about his future, Jaineil says he is happy for the moment at Mainz.
      "I've played in every game (with the U-19s)," Jaineil said. "My goal is to make it into a few games with the first team by the end of the year and keep playing with the under-19s.
      "I'm very happy here but my situation isn't settled."
      Both brothers have things they need to work on. Jaineil needs to be better with the ball at his feet and his heading. Junior needs to hold the ball up more and concentrate on defensive positioning. But they are years ahead of the curve.
      A lot of that has to do with that backyard in Bramalea.
      "I think Brampton, compared with the big city, there's not a lot to do, so we focused on playing soccer," Jaineil said. "In Toronto, there are so many things to do, so many distractions. In Brampton, we just played sports, played against each other. In the yard, I had to learn to be strong on the ball because my brother was older than me. And I also learned that I had to play some tricks."
      Junior joined Blackburn's academy when he was 13. Jaineil soon followed. Their dad and mom have been to their share of grounds and stadia in England and Germany since then.
      Ingrid took a three-month leave of absence from work to help Junior settle into life in England when he first made the move. This year, for the first time, he won't be home for Christmas, as the EPL plays through the holiday season.
      "I think I am humble-minded," Junior said. "I have worked had and my family has supported me. They went back and forth with me to England and back. They worked hard so I wouldn't feel homesick."
      He can send home some Christmas cards. Or better, contribute to some Blackburn victories.

Comment

Mi nu si wither of them mention playing for JAM.....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

They rejected playing for canada,at least one did.A player in the prem normally has national teams begging them to play for them.

Call him.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
            They rejected playing for canada,at least one did.A player in the prem normally has national teams begging them to play for them.

Call him.
            That is any team except Jamaica!!, they seem to have a habit of ignoring their best players.

Comment

Working...
            X