Pro League teams throw full support behind W Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro League teams throw full support behind W Connection

<TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=contentheading width="100%">Pro League teams throw full support behind W Connection </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"> </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"> </TD><TD class=buttonheading align=right width="100%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=createdate vAlign=top colSpan=2>Wednesday, 21 February 2007 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=2>

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: arial,helvetica,sans-serif"> By Vinod Narwani...

TT Pro League powerhouses Vibe CT 105 W Connection have received full support from United Petrotrin head coach Brian Williams and North East Stars President Darryl Mahabir ahead of their return leg quarterfinal clash against Mexican powerhouses Chivas in the CONCACAF Champions Cup. </SPAN>
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: arial,helvetica,sans-serif">

Connection, who beat Chivas 2-1 in the first leg at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, left for Mexico on Carnival Monday to prepare for the crucial encounter against their opponents on February 28.

Looking back at Connection’s opening triumph over the Mexican giants Williams believes it’s a sign of good things to come for the TT Pro League.

“Every bona fide football fan who has an interest in the Pro League will see that it was a good victory for the sake of the league on the whole,” said Williams.

“It was good to see a local side being competitive against Chivas and getting that type of result. It was a great victory for Caribbean football, and the Pro League teams can only build from here on, as it will give all of us that sort of firepower to emulate such a feat, as we aim to raise the standard of football in Trinidad and Tobago.”

The former Strike Squad defender was however; quick to add that the return leg was going to be tough for the ‘Savonetta Boys’, but he admitted the Couva-based side could reach the semi-final stage of the prestigious CONCACAF club tournament once they remain focused.

“Going out to Mexico is going to be pretty difficult for Connection, but they must play the game according to the

RE: Pro League teams throw full support behind W Connection

Bora and Boxhill should witness some of the TT Pro League games as some of the best Jamaican talent is playing in T&amp;T and sharpening their skills,like Roen Nelson and Wolry Wolfe. If not, they can apply for T&amp;T citixenship in the same way the brazilians are doing. Is one family.

Comment

Good luck W Connection, I hope yu beat up Chivas inna dem yawd. Full timeYawdies and Trinies turn Concacaf upsidedown.
      Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
      Mitty

Comment

Now yuh ah talk bredren! Connection ha fi hit dem 3 to raaaaahted!

Comment

Warrior, Ja's best players are still home, the players that cannot make their local side try their luck in T&amp;T. Roen Nelson in his prime was a very good player but he never got the opportunity to play for his country. At this stage of his career I don't think he would have been our Premier league top goal scorer.
          Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
          Mitty

Comment

Wish W-Connection all the best.

...and yes, it would be a great lift for CFU football if W-Connection wins andmoves on.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Mitty,

Roen doesn't look very dominant or even dangerous on the field but at least in the TT league he has proven he has a nose for goals. Bora should give him a look as I believe he is still quite young (not over 25 ?)

pr
              Peter R

Comment

Good point idrin

Comment

Working...
                X