Suarez banned again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suarez banned again

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez handed one-match ban for offensive gesture against Fulham

Liverpool's already strained relationship with the FA is set to be put under further pressure following news that Luis Suarez has been handed a one-match ban for making an offensive gesture at Fulham fans during a Premier League game on Dec 5 and will miss Friday's match with Newcastle United.

Controversy: Luis Suarez was seen making inappropriate hand gestures in the direction of Fulham fans as he left the pitch Photo: JAVIER GARCIA

By Telegraph staff

1:14PM GMT 28 Dec 2011

The Uruguyan has already been hit with an eight-match suspension after being found guilty of misconduct for using racist language towards Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra, with Liverpool awaiting official information on the ruling before making a decision on a likely appeal.

Suarez's latest punishment means Liverpool could now be without their star striker for nine matches, if the first of the two bans is upheld.

One-match bans for making obscene gestures are the FA's stock punishment for similar offences. In April last year, Birmingham City right-back Stephen Carr was also suspended for one game after being found guilty of improper conduct.

A statement on the FA website read: "Liverpool player Luis Suarez will begin a one match suspension with immediate effect after he admitted an FA charge of improper conduct in relation to the same game.

"Suarez was also fined £20,000 and warned as to his future conduct following a gesture he made towards the Fulham fans at the end of the fixture."

Related Articles

Liverpool, meanwhile, have also been fined £20,000 for failing to control the behaviour of their players against Fulham.
    The FA statement continued: "Liverpool Football Club have been fined £20,000 by The FA and warned as to their future conduct for failing to ensure their players conducted themselves in an orderly fashion during the league fixture at Fulham on 5 December 2011.
    "The club admitted the charge, which was in relation to the dismissal of Jay Spearing, but did not accept the standard £20,000 penalty for the offence.
    "However, at an Independent Regulatory Commission hearing today [Wednesday 28 December] the fine was imposed."

family forum..where are the modertators
    Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
    Che Guevara.

Comment

Comm'on now... I wish they would just stop picking on poo Saurez.

He is innocent of all counts (including being a racist). The FA ruling is just plain wrong!!!

Don't believe me? Juss ax Paul, Peter, X...and the rest of the Liverstool FAN-atics
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post

He is innocent of all counts (including being a racist). The FA ruling is just plain wrong!!!

Don't believe me? Juss ax Paul, Peter, X...and the rest of the Liverstool FAN-atics
        That picture look like him ring finga to me...I guess they didn't take the "see, I'm not married" defense as genuine. Typical...always agains' we. As for the "rest of the Liverpool (I know that was a mistype!!) FAN-atics...don't count Mo in that bunch, that's for sure.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post

No wonder the world is messed up...reading without comprehension is such an affliction... min' mi set Sickko pon yu!!!

I challenge you to point out where anyone that you pointed out said or even suggested the "FA ruling is just plain wrong"...

I dare you, nah, I double-dare you!!
          Peter R

Comment

The guy is out of control. I am sure it started long before his deliberate handball at the WC. The sooner Liverpool parts with him, the better!

And no, not everyone would have handled that ball as he did against Ghana. It goes against every decent sporting principle and he should have faced a ban for several years from international games. Suppose Uruguay had gone on to win the WC?!? All we would be talking about about is that handball, instead of the beautiful football displayed by Spain.

Down with Suarez! Gwey!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh juss a realise Peter,some believe reading,writing or typing is comprehension on the site.

Like a man love say reading is overated.....lol
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Paul, Peter, X... y'all are good sport.
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

i don't hear us talking about the hand of God goal exclusively and IMO that was a "worse" infraction if one can apply degree to deliberate handballs...and Argentina did win that WC.

I say give the guy (he's still young) the support he needs to improve as a person (on the field and off too for that matter) to make him an even better force for the team.
                  Peter R

Comment

what did maradona do after that handball?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

England isn't a "black" nation...duhhh....

Comment

...not sure which of the following...but he scored a goal, won the WC, played in Italy, made plenty money, went on to become arguably the best footballer the world has seen...and he never admitted openly to handling the ball, attributing the transgression to God... I'm sure you'll let me know what I missed out... I have on my blinkers
                        Peter R

Comment

Working...
                        X