John Barnes backs Suarez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sickko View Post
    Chasing after a man around the field shouting an insult at him 10 times, thats an average of once every nine minutes in the game, should be considered as "cultural differences"?

While John might have been a genius on the field he has proven that he has not translated that off the field at all
    Sickko - where did you hear that it was 10 times? Is that fact or is that alleged?
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
      I don't think JB's comments have anything to do with his status at the club to be honest. He is an outspoken guy and has come down on them before when they screwed up (read "Out of his skin" by Dave Hill) on racism. This is a non-argument, as all we can do is speculate - we will never know.

As for your theory regarding Liverpool's position being directly linked to Suarez's worth, I don't think this should be surprising. Football is a business, and our attempts to restrict behaviours within the game to moral boundaries is a noble but long road to travel.

But while I agree that Liverpool may not have taken this position were this a situation with Jamie Stephens (who plays for Liverpool reserves) at the same time, I don't think the media attention or the attention from Evra would have been the same either. We can't have it both ways.

My question to you still stands though, do you think JB could have said what he said if he were white?
      Yes he could, and I guess KD could now say it too in further defence of his prize asset.

Comment

Originally posted by GazX View Post
        Yes he could, and I guess KD could now say it too in further defence of his prize asset.
        Have any white players or former players come to Suarez's defence? (Don't count those from the Liverpool establishment).
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

It was in the news, I read it in one of the reports the day he was banned...
          Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
          Che Guevara.

Comment

John Barnes proves that he is just a plain stupid person more and more each day. At first I thought he was only a dumb coach.

Comment

LOL! I tell you we agree on this one 100%. But i guess it just goes to show that because some one could play better than the average, run aster, jump higher or longer and can bat better we automatically think they should be able to think rationally
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                So me can go England go bun b@ttym@n then...right Johnny?
                Very funny...but still a poor analogy. bun b@ttym@n is a derogatory term in JA...not so for negrito in many spanish speaking countries.

Comment

Come on JB, yuh ah mi ballah still but duh bettah dan dat, Yuh done know seh English nevah like yuh, kah ah di skin. For example, look how dem love up Gazza an weh him duh cry pan di stage. Come on man

Comment

What advantage is there for John Barnes to make those comments? Why can't he be speaking with measured judgment of what took place ON THE FIELD?
                    Peter R

Comment

Working...
                    X