Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Barnes backs Suarez

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-16309990

"As much as we will say ignorance is no excuse, ignorance is an excuse. "cultural differences have to be taken into consideration".

One thing i know is that I as a Black player, would feel very uncomfortable trying to justify Suarez comments, or backing Liverpool's stance & handling over this matter .

Mi just haffi shake mi head and wonder why John Barnes mek dem comments. Wrong is wrong, and yuh nuh fi defend Suarez just because him play fi yuh old team.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

He has been fighting against this kinda thing in football for a long time. Him just made his credibility sink lower. When is cultural background suppose to excuse you?

Look now Suarez use the word and them a say him background should let him off and Terry use the word and him is not a racist. So are these laws only for the Joey Bartons of the EPL or for everyone?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

So me can go England go bun b@ttym@n then...right Johnny?

Comment

Poor John Barnes. Look like playing football was his thing and it stops there.

Comment

"letting him off" as a goal is unrealistic...Liverpool is just trying to minimise the damage as in the fine, that is the ban. That's what any sensible club would do. Why wouldn't you??? Anyway, we had this conversation before... mi didn realise at first seh is you

As far as Terry is concerned he claims (according to a Paul Marin post that he actually said to Ferdinand "...I DID NOT call you a black c*nt, you effing so and so..." ... just carrying the mechiz...
            Peter R

Comment

Liverpool is trying to minimize the damage and that I can understand. Yes they should appeal. They can claim misunderstanding as they should but don't act like it is a direct strike against Suarez because any player use that kind of language I personally would like to see them out even if them blacka than me.

In my view we simply can't have it both ways, make it friendly for people while only punish people we think a deamons. If the FA took no steps we would say they uphold racism.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

You are preaching to the converted... If he deserves to be punished he deserves to be punished and the FA have passed their judgment...

As X pointed out this is another phase of the process (dealing with the "sentence") and Liverpool will use whatever strategy they deem effective to minimise the damage... end of story as I see it.
                Peter R

Comment

I don't like the "whatever strategy". If it was a liverpool player on the other end I know they wouldn't be saying the same thing.

Comment

And what happen when Suarez return home. It alright for him to continue using the same word cause him back in him own country even though him know it is seen as being rascist abroad?

Comment

Very sad that he comes to this

Originally posted by GazX View Post
                      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...yside-16309990

"As much as we will say ignorance is no excuse, ignorance is an excuse. "cultural differences have to be taken into consideration".

One thing I know is that I as a Black player, would feel very uncomfortable trying to justify Suarez comments, or backing Liverpool's stance & handling over this matter .
                      This is another sad day for John Barnes and those that think and speak like him in football. I'm white and in the end it not about my skin color, or his or anyone else. It about what I think, say and do. We need to do what is filled with integrity or pay the consequences.

P. Banta

Comment

well, by his definition...you could get away with it--if you cite 'cultural' differences.

Kinda disappointed with Barns.

Read his opinion 3 times trying to understand where he was coming from. He knows first hand about this issue. I think he messed up on this one.
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

little black man as opposed to you f***ing black ********

is the word negrito a racist conotation?

Comment

Assasin, are you smoking some bad weed? I am simply stating A FACT, Liverpool is using "whatever strategy" they can to minimise the damage... any other team would also do the same. Whether I AGREE with it or not is a totally different story.
                            Peter R

Comment

Liverpool jumped the gun. The could have acted much better and appeal the case. The started to accuse Evra, and the FA without even the transcript of the hearing. Most clubs would wait for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X