Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ref sents of Keeper for abusing Pitch invader

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...h-invader.html

Anarchy at Ajax! AZ players walk off during Dutch Cup clash after keeper is dismissed for booting pitch invader
    By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
    Last updated at 5:42 PM on 22nd December 2011
    Comments (45)

A Dutch Cup match was abandoned on Wednesday night after the AZ Alkmaar players left the field in protest when keeper Esteban was sent off for attacking a pitch invader.
    AZ were trailing 1-0 to Ajax after 36 minutes at the Amsterdam ArenA when the home fan raced on to the pitch and went straight for Esteban.
    But the Costa Rican stopper was too quick for the 19-year-old and put him down before sticking the boot in a couple of times.
    Scroll to the bottom of the page to watch the video

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1hKPK6LST
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Keeper was 100% correct. The man came on the field to assualt him and he dealt with the matter until security arrived on the scene.

Comment

If you watch 2:57-59 of the Video the guy attacked the keeper ! ...Ref is an idiot ....I like how the coach dealt with it.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The ref made a bad situation worse... the lunatic could have been armed and he could have continued his attack if the keeper hadn't neutralised him with those two kicks... it is these kinds of incidents that FAs need to be looking at with as equal zeal as incidents between players.
        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
          http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...h-invader.html

Anarchy at Ajax! AZ players walk off during Dutch Cup clash after keeper is dismissed for booting pitch invader
          By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
          Last updated at 5:42 PM on 22nd December 2011
          Comments (45)

A Dutch Cup match was abandoned on Wednesday night after the AZ Alkmaar players left the field in protest when keeper Esteban was sent off for attacking a pitch invader.
          AZ were trailing 1-0 to Ajax after 36 minutes at the Amsterdam ArenA when the home fan raced on to the pitch and went straight for Esteban.
          But the Costa Rican stopper was too quick for the 19-year-old and put him down before sticking the boot in a couple of times.
          Scroll to the bottom of the page to watch the video

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1hKPK6LST
          The problem is the 3rd kick/final from the keeper. The attacker was down on the ground and had not responded to the 2nd kick and security had just arrived when that 3rd kick/final was delivered. I don't think that extra kick was 'unreasonable' force but it is illegal in most places to continure beating up someone who attacked you after your attacker has stop responding to your 'defensive' blows. The ref explained his decision on the basis of the rules, he said that he had no choice but to send off the goal keeper. Looks like the goal keeper, the ref and the coach (who withdrew his players due to safety concerns) all made reasonable decisions.
          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Well the FA rescinded the red card...so the extra kick was deemed not to be "unreasonable"...

Comment

All refs have to use discretion.

Comment

Yeah and that ref was a straight ass...the goalkeeper was attacked from behind on the field of play by a spectator...if he killed the spectator he would have been justified...

Comment

Totally understand the 'keeper's decision to lay out the attacker.
                  Ensuring the attacker could not resume his attack was a clear case of self defense.

I think, the ref should have abandoned the match and turned in a report on the incident. To continue the match, I think would have been dangerous. Even abandoning the match would have needed coordinated actions by those managing the stadium and the ref as consideration would have to be given to the possibility of ensuring disgruntled spectators not 'acting up' --- rioting? ...attacking the visiting fans and team? ...distroying property????
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

What do you think of a comment i read on this matter Karl...a former ref said he was attacked at halftime of a game and that his linesman tried to trip the attacker before he got to the ref...the linesman's superior said that if he had succeeded in tripping the attacker he, the linesman, would have been given a negative report for his actions...

Comment

Thats crazy who defends the players and refs/linesmen when security has been breached ?

Yuh ave to defend yuh self, it makes no difference to me if the security gaurd gives the person a whop ass or di defender.Excessive force is expected , I dont know if they have a gun or knife or worst yet a BOMB!

Comment

The ref's job is a very difficult and underappreciated one.

...you are told - at least during my time - never to retaliate. Just imagine someone comes at you with a knife/gun stick or whatever...???

It really means you are to...'bolt'...or 'jus tek yuh lick dem'. That also holds true for how we were told to judge players - i.e. under no circumstance were we to contenance players retaliating. On one level it makes sense...on another 'pure chuppidness'.

That ref (lineman) was in a difficult place. - Particularly in the context of it being drummed into our heads - during my time - that we were a TEAM and the only friends each had were the other members of the TEAM.

I would say, trip the SOB...YES! ...and if the occasion demanded it use any force necessary to prevent his (your) only friend coming to harm.

Certainly in my time we were told that each and every match held possibilities for each member of the TEAM and the TEAM as unit being in harms way. ...however, it was always stressed the uncommon commonsense should guide our actions.

The example, I can remember/I think I remember it this way --- being used often was of "Jack" Taylor's (an Englishman once considered World's best ref) giving a dropball to restart a game after an handled ball.

-- I hope I am relating the 'story' correctly - I think a whstle went off in the crowd the teams stopped playing/or a number of players did and a defender picked up the ball in the penalty-area placing it for a restart.

Taylor went to the sideline pointed into the crowd and made some statement about having someone removed on a repeat. --- and then restarted/continued managing 'his game'/the game.

That would not work today but I hope it still illustrates that commonsense must always trump all else. --- Trip that SOB, YES! ...and do worse to him if necessary - friend(s)/TEAM first, second, third...to infinity!

...sadly then there were too many refs around with 'no guts'.

Aside: Jack Taylor - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ta...#Personal_life
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                          The ref's job is a very difficult and underappreciated one.

...you are told - at least during my time - never to retaliate. Just imagine someone comes at you with a knife/gun stick or whatever...???

It really means you are to...'bolt'...or 'jus tek yuh lick dem'. That also holds true for how we were told to judge players - i.e. under no circumstance were we to contenance players retaliating. On one level it makes sense...on another 'pure chuppidness'.

That ref (lineman) was in a difficult place. - Particularly in the context of it being drummed into our heads - during my time - that we were a TEAM and the only friends each had were the other members of the TEAM.

I would say, trip the SOB...YES! ...and if the occasion demanded it use any force necessary to prevent his (your) only friend coming to harm.

Certainly in my time we were told that each and every match held possibilities for each member of the TEAM and the TEAM as unit being in harms way. ...however, it was always stressed the uncommon commonsense should guide our actions.

The example, I can remember/I think I remember it this way --- being used often was of "Jack" Taylor's (an Englishman once considered World's best ref) giving a dropball to restart a game after an handled ball.

-- I hope I am relating the 'story' correctly - I think a whstle went off in the crowd the teams stopped playing/or a number of players did and a defender picked up the ball in the penalty-area placing it for a restart.

Taylor went to the sideline pointed into the crowd and made some statement about having someone removed on a repeat. --- and then restarted/continued managing 'his game'/the game.

That would not work today but I hope it still illustrates that commonsense must always trump all else. --- Trip that SOB, YES! ...and do worse to him if necessary - friend(s)/TEAM first, second, third...to infinity!

...sadly then there were too many refs around with 'no guts'.

Aside: Jack Taylor - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Ta...#Personal_life
                          The problem with people in so called "first world countries" is that they follow the rules to the point where they lose common sense. You don't have to look far beyond football to see it either. I remember an incident where my wife was in a gym running on a treadmill. There were 8 or 9 open treadmills beside her. Right in the middle of her run, she was interrupted by a man who insisted that she come off the treadmill as he had signed up to use that very treadmill for the time slot that she was now in and so therefore, she was in violation of the club's rules. When she asked him if he could use one of the others (as she was in the middle of her run), he said, "I didn't sign up for any of those" and continued his insistence on using the treadmill she was on as "that was the rule". Go figure. What a dumb feck. He must have been related to that ref in the AZ game.
                          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                            The problem with people in so called "first world countries" is that they follow the rules to the point where they lose common sense. You don't have to look far beyond football to see it either. I remember an incident where my wife was in a gym running on a treadmill. There were 8 or 9 open treadmills beside her. Right in the middle of her run, she was interrupted by a man who insisted that she come off the treadmill as he had signed up to use that very treadmill for the time slot that she was now in and so therefore, she was in violation of the club's rules. When she asked him if he could use one of the others (as she was in the middle of her run), he said, "I didn't sign up for any of those" and continued his insistence on using the treadmill she was on as "that was the rule". Go figure. What a dumb feck. He must have been related to that ref in the AZ game.

Yuh rite!
                            ...reminds of insisting on being right to the point of being dead --- "dead right"...

Comment

In some states if you and a lady are having sex and she change her mind and say stop and you take an extra stroke then you can be charged for rape. http://human-stupidity.com/stupid-do...-types-of-rape
                              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X