Ja could play in US tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ja could play in US tourney

<TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%"><SPAN class=storyhead id=lblTitle style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold; WIDTH: 100%">Ja could play in US tourney</SPAN></TD></TR><TR><TD width="100%"><DIV class=verbl style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; FLOAT: left; WIDTH: 180px">
    Burchell Gibson </DIV><DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 6px"></DIV><DIV class=verblmed>Boyz have been invited to a four-team tournament in the United States of America (USA) and besides the hosts, they could play a match against World Cup finalists Switzerland on March 27, pending negotiations.
    </DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/articles...amp;category=1
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

RE: Ja could play in US tourney

Wow! All these arranged friendlies at the very last minute in 2007. All leading up to the November elections.

Comment

so what should he do? not arrange them?!! let us assume that you are right...should he or shouldn't he arrange the friendlies?

let us also factor in the new TD and his standing as a respected international coach...could that also be a factor? objectively?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Gamma (2/20/2007)so what should he do? not arrange them?!! let us assume that you are right...should he or shouldn't he arrange the friendlies?

let us also factor in the new TD and his standing as a respected international coach...could that also be a factor? objectively?
        At the rate with which action is taken just before an election - unnuh figet Burrell put on match and bus groun fi di Academy jus before election? - we should call for elections to be held every 6 months!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

<DIV>Seems to me like it doesn't matter who the JFF president is, the real progress takes place when we have an influential TD like Simoes or Bora. When Simoes departed things kinda dried up too. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Those with short memories will say that is a lie, that the Captain used his enormous mou..., sorry, clout to continue getting good games for us when Simoes left.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (2/20/2007)<DIV>Seems to me like it doesn't matter who the JFF president is, the real progress takes place when we have an influential TD like Simoes or Bora. When Simoes departed things kinda dried up too. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Those with short memories will say that is a lie, that the Captain used his enormous mou..., sorry, clout to continue getting good games for us when Simoes left.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV></DIV>
            I agree with you Mosiah. But you sometimes seem to be confused. The other day you (and many other posters here) didnt see the need for us to spend money on employing an overseas coach...I seem to recall you thinking that we could get by with an all-local coach.

That said...Boxhill's term will come to an end by teh end of this year!
            President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Mosiah (2/20/2007)<DIV>Seems to me like it doesn't matter who the JFF president is, the real progress takes place when we have an influential TD like Simoes or Bora. When Simoes departed things kinda dried up too. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Those with short memories will say that is a lie, that the Captain used his enormous mou..., sorry, clout to continue getting good games for us when Simoes left.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>
              </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>That is cute ----&gt; "real progress takes place when we have an influential TD like Simoes or Bora" = "the Captain used his enormous mou..., sorry, clout to continue getting good games for us when Simoes left". </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>No! (N)</DIV><DIV>Doesn't work! (N)</DIV>

Comment

Well we local coaches have to learn to demand more of the JFF and stop act like yes men and don't rock any boat inside the JFF.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yuh right karl...those emoticons are just so darn cute...other than that...yuh wrong!

"who is carl brown?" that is the seminal question asked when international coaches get together!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

<DIV>
                    Reggae-Fan (2/20/2007)
                    I agree with you Mosiah. But you sometimes seem to be confused. The other day you (and many other posters here) didnt see the need for us to spend money on employing an overseas coach...I seem to recall you thinking that we could get by with an all-local coach.
                    </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I have never denied that a big name farin coach brings along the kinds of connections (rolodex) that a local coach wouldn't have. (He also brings along a certain amount of respect from our self-hating people, players and corporate Jamaica alike.) And that might have been the only reason why I would go with a farin coach. I have long said that. BUT, the way we go about it is wrong. We can't just resign ourselves to the fact that a farin coach is the only way we can have connections. We must bring along a local coach to not only be able to coach but allow him to full up him rolodex while as an understudy of the farin coach. And I mean understudy not a glorified water boy.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Remember, I was calling for John Barnes so I couldn't have been calling for a local coach. However, the aim must be to bring along our local coaches to the upper echelons of the coaching world. Why not? A fool we fool suh?!? </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>So, yes, I do want a local coach, but wi not ready yet. And we are still paying our TD too much money!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the local coaches have to realise that the TD position is not a pay off for the good club job they have been doing but a chance to put themself and the map and take it up by the shoulders.

There have been some with potential but none have even done what Lennie Taylor did in St.Kitts. They have to take that responsiblitity and that is not about arranging game but to TAKE over the program.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mosiah (2/20/2007)<DIV>So, yes, I do want a local coach, but wi not ready yet. And we are still paying our TD too much money!</DIV>
                        Mosiah, I believe Carl Brown is th eprimary reason behind us (fans and Private sector) Not throwing too much support behind local coaches. I mean, CB has been around Jamaica's football for some 20-odd years, in both the capacity of head coach and Technical Director. What has he got to show for it? Burrell sent CB to Bolton for almost a year to be understudy to Sam Allerdyce.....while that might not be enough, it definately was a step in teh right direction.

Now tell me, what did CB learn from that stint? It pained my heart to see Haiti roughing us up in Miami in a world cup qualifying game some years ago...under CB...and pained me even more to see our National senior team being dumped out of the Digicel Cup (and the Gold Cup) by the might St. vincent....under CB's watch.

We are a good twenty (20) years from being able to find a local based coach/TD capable of taking us to (Where is Karl when you need him) TOP OF THE WORLD!
                        President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

<DIV>
                          Reggae-Fan (2/20/2007)
                          Mosiah, I believe Carl Brown is th eprimary reason behind us (fans and Private sector) Not throwing too much support behind local coaches. I mean, CB has been around Jamaica's football for some 20-odd years, in both the capacity of head coach and Technical Director. What has he got to show for it? Burrell sent CB to Bolton for almost a year to be understudy to Sam Allerdyce.....while that might not be enough, it definately was a step in teh right direction.

Now tell me, what did CB learn from that stint? It pained my heart to see Haiti roughing us up in Miami in a world cup qualifying game some years ago...under CB...and pained me even more to see our National senior team being dumped out of the Digicel Cup (and the Gold Cup) by the might St. vincent....under CB's watch.

We are a good twenty (20) years from being able to find a local based coach/TD capable of taking us to (Where is Karl when you need him) TOP OF THE WORLD!
                          </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>So, is CB our only hope? There will be other coaches, better, brighter and more ambitious than CB. Don't fret.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>That Digicel game between Sts. Vincent and Lucia should have been investigated. St. Vincent was not 8 goals better than St. Lucia, so I won't cuss CB about that one. The Boyz fought valiantly to win the next match against Haiti, the eventual champions, and fell short by one goal. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I don't know how far we are away from producing that top of the world coach, but the sooner we get started, the better.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Btw, have you contributed to the Peter Cargill Memorial Coaching Scholarship yet? (tup)(Clap)</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Gamma (2/20/2007)yuh right karl...those emoticons are just so darn cute...other than that...yuh wrong!

"who is carl brown?" that is the seminal question asked when international coaches get together!
                            Well...let's see - Progress was made during the Simoes' years...

...and, I would think progress has been made in some areas during the years after Simoes. Sure we have not gone to any of the FIFA World Championships (Age group or World Cup) but, is going to those championshipsthe only barometer of progress?

...but, forget the very many other areas that need improvement/progress...let's say going to World Championships is the only barometer of success!

I would blame the JFF leadership and not the coaches. I am convinced that if CB had been given the support Rene received, a continuous building...non-stop 4 years, similarto Rene's '94 through '98 concentration of matches and steady periods of coaching,we would have gone to another FIFA World Cup. Yes...I think, if our international senior men teamprogram had not had the stop-start-stop-start inefficient support...with CB guiding theindividuals we had during our run at World Cup 2006we would have been there!

...and, we would not be, as it was during Simoes' time mere participants, but we would have developed a team that would create waves.

I am thinking that it is not CB that was the problem. The problem was JFF leadership.

Aside: Bora was appointed in November or December - (not sure when as the JFF never made it known).

On December 15 - Bora says we have the talent to do well at a function at which he was being introduced as our new technical director. We still were not told when he inked the deal.

On January 8 Bora has his first drill with a local team - Our U-17s.

On January 10 Bora meets with local coaches to inform on what he expects in players he wishes to represent national teams.

January 30 Bora announces his selections for the U-23 training squad.

It is now February 20...today... What could Bora have done in his short period...what has Bora done to assure everyone here progress has been made?

I would think it is the JFF leaders who have done thus far! Bora's 'doings' may have started with his first step...but, would it be fair to say he has just started his journey?I would think so!

Comment

From November 1994 to February 2000 Rene Simones (unknown at the time) played56 friendly gameswith the Reggae Boyz.With 20friendlies at the Office and 33 away.

All this happened as soon as Burrell came to the JFF.

Comment

Working...
                              X