• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vindication with a downside for Evra?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...?newsfeed=true
    Peter R

kenny dalglish seh suarez grandfather black, so all dis is a load a tosh

Comment

So because him grandfather black he has a right to call Evra what he wants?

The only question is, did he say it or not?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

These idiots at Liverpool need to tek whey demselves. Didn't Suarez admit in the hearing he made the comment? They have egg on their faces because when the story broke they went on a campaign to discredit Evra.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

is negrito a racist word

Comment

...was watching SkySports New yesterday. The Liverpool first team came out for pregame warmup--all dressed in Saurez t-shirts...in his support.

This caused quite a controversy.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

So The FA a idiot???? I don't kow at all the things he said but if it was a non racist word he wouldn't even be called to the commission.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

the word he used was indeed negrito which in English means NEGRO-----> It is offensive to call a black person NEGRO if you are not black... He deserves the punishment and Barnes deserve a big stone...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  These idiots at Liverpool need to tek whey demselves. Didn't Suarez admit in the hearing he made the comment? They have egg on their faces because when the story broke they went on a campaign to discredit Evra.
                  Lazie, the more I think about it the more I think that the situation is being blown way out of proportion. Think about it. If you had called a man a racist term, and there were no other witnesses coming forward, would you admit it? The fact that Suarez admitted using the term now makes me believe he was not trying to be racial as a) it was only his word against Evra's and b) his admission would logically lead one to believe that he doesn't see the word as being racial. Said another way, if he had called Evra the "n" word (a clearly racist term), don't you think he would have denied it knowing that Evra was the only witness? Even so, I admit the FA is in a tough position.

And by the way, with regard to Evra - why is it that not one of his team mates have come out in support of him as far as I know? And in all honesty, how credible do you think his claims are when there is ample evidence that the term "negrito" does not appear to be racial when Uruguayans use it to refer to a black person?

This is a case of misunderstanding, nothing more, nothing less.
                  Last edited by Paul Marin; December 24, 2011, 03:18 AM.
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

They have gone public that he is "not credible"
                    As recently as last week, Kenny Dalglish seemed convinced his player would get off on the basis that Liverpool planned to expose Evra as an unreliable witness.
                    Out of it, the perception has grown that Evra likes to "play the race card". The idea has grown that he is trouble, that he will say anything, that he has previous. It has been a blur of spin, bandwagon-jumping and, in some cases, deliberate deception.
                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
                    And they would rather put all trust, faith and their backing to a man who cheated Ghana out of a World Cup Semi Final, and who cons referees into awarding penalties by falling over a the slightest touch. Incredible!!

Comment

The points you make are all valid Paul. Spoken like a true Liverpool supporter. John Barnes views follow (almost ) your same logic.

For me, this is a teachable moment*.

"Out of the abundance of the heart--the mouth speaks".

Hardly think that anything coming out of the mouth of Saurez was complimentary towards Evra. Mood and tone must be factored in. Irrespective of what Saurez said...his intention was to demean and belittle Evra.....

I am sick and tired of seeing the ticker: "Say No To Racism" littered on the shirts and other signs in European football setting. This is a excellent opportunity to set a no nonsense example (using Saurez) that racism will not be tolerated in football. The term "Negritio' is just a sugar coating of his real intentions.

"That's all i have to say about that"
                      --Forrest Gump
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                        The points you make are all valid Paul. Spoken like a true Liverpool supporter. John Barnes views follow (almost ) your same logic.

Hardly think that anything coming out of the mouth of Saurez was complimentary towards Evra. Mood and tone must be factored in. Irrespective of what Saurez said...his intention was to demean and belittle Evra.....

I am sick and tired of seeing the ticker: "Say No To Racism" littered on the shirts and other signs in European football setting. This is a excellent opportunity to set a no nonsense example (using Saurez) that racism will not be tolerated in football. The term "Negritio' is just a sugar coating of his real intentions.

--Forrest Gump
                        Believe me, I have been on the wrong side of racism in football more than you know and I have already called for the book to be thrown at Suarez if he is truly guilty. But do you really think he would have admitted using a racist term with no witnesses? Seriously - do you? It makes no sense.
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post

--Forrest Gump
                          HL, How do you know that? Isn't it possible that Suarez actually used the term at that moment in the same way he might have in Uruguay?

Your witness cousellor.
                          Peter R

Comment

This much ado about nothing! Negrito is not a derogatory term in many Spanish speaking countries. The question should be about intent..I strongly suspect there was no malicious intent. We have gotten way to sensitive to this BS. Cho..who on this board haven't used any of the following terms: Collie, Chineyman, red man, yellow man, brown man, black man etc when we were growing up in Jamaica? The man dem a get to rasta ********** sensitive.

Comment

mi nuh too like suarez still, but English F.A. lame, is like dem nuh waan JT guh down alone

Comment

Working...
                              X