Read between the lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read between the lines

Below is an article from the star with a spat between Tony Pulis and John Barnes and this highlights the issue with Jamaican footballers (which should be common knowledge) in a nutshell. Just because you can buss a one shift does not mean that you are a technically gifted player and nuh matter how Pulis want defend Fuller...the fact that he recognizes that Fuller have great natural ability he can't sell him...but his work ethic is so poor he can't start him Barnes a tell the truth **DUCKS FOR COVER FROM BUSS HEADS**

Fuller's skill...Pulis rejects Barnes' assessment of striker's natural ability

Ricardo Fuller
    Stoke City manager [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Tony[/COLOR][/COLOR] Pulis has leapt to the defence of Jamaican International Ricardo Fuller, after Liverpool legend John Barnes, a former national coach, questioned the player's skill level.
    Barnes, also a famed England international with clever feet, is reported to have said the striker is a hard worker but offers little in the way of slippery skills. [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]The [COLOR=blue! important]Premier[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] League manager, however, strongly disagreed.
    "Someone told me John Barnes said Ricardo works hard, but hasn't got natural ability," Pullis told UK publication Staffordshire (www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk).
    "I don't know what planet John Barnes is on!"
    "Sometimes we don't get the recognition we deserve, but Ricardo is a top, top [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]player[/COLOR][/COLOR].
    "You get a goals' tape of Ric at Stoke City and it will be absolutely remarkable.
    "He's not the hardest-working lad, he will do things in his time, but I accept that with him."
    Fuller a well-recognised figure in that part of the country, as he played a key role in the team gaining promotion in the 2007-2008 season. However, injuries have slowed the striker's progress in the last few years and he only recently recovered from his latest setback, an Achilles tendon injury, suffered in April this year. Fuller, however, made use of his first start for the Potters this season scoring to give his team a 1-0 win in last Wednesday's [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Europa [COLOR=blue! important]League[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] clash at Besiktas. Pulis though is in no hurry to rush the striker back into action and admits the striker will need time to get back to his best. Fuller came on for Matthew Etherington in the final minutes of his team's 2-1 over Wolves at Molineux stadium for the first time in 44 years on the 15th attempt.
    "He's still not as fit as we want him to be," Pulis continued, "but he worked hard and played well the other night."
    ( L - R ) Tony Pulis, John Barnes

culture wha happen to Jones??? Him nah perform fi stoke and him nah performe fi Trinidad.

A think you say him was Big baller???? How comes no good Peter Crouch make him a fi hold a space on the bench? Unlike Fuller him nah carry no injury.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Is Jones just can't live up to the hype...when he was flying under the radar he exceeding expectations...but once the bar get raised he can't raise his game...difference between a Great player and an average baller....just sad is another caribbean youth

Comment

Well at least Fuller have a excuse. The injury him a play wid from him a bwoy people retire with them. I don't know if 10 years from now he will have use for himself.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not sure why JB would say that Ricardo is full of skill. He is unorthodox but he is skilled.

Comment

Bes strikah yard produce up to now, no doubt bout dat. Natural ability, ball handling skill an work rate not eben inna di question. Stoke, come a premiership pan di back a Boo wid all ah di above. Score di bes goals dem Stoke evah did see, General Boo change game ebrytime.

Comment

Working...
            X