Westman Keane is a Hater too ..lol..fergie fi guh down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westman Keane is a Hater too ..lol..fergie fi guh down

Sir Alex puts himself first, not United, blasts former captain Keane as feud turns ugly

By IAN LADYMAN

Last updated at 8:33 PM on 18th December 2011

Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane has accused manager Sir Alex Ferguson of putting his own interests ahead of the club’s and revealed that the Barclays Premier League champions threatened to sue him in 2008.

Keane, one of Ferguson’s greatest Old Trafford servants, clashed with the Scot in public after he criticised United in the wake of their Champions League exit in Basle this month.

Writing in his match column for the following home game against Wolves, Ferguson suggested his team were receiving undue criticism from ‘people we thought were on our side’.

Split: Keane has revealed the huge rift between him and United boss Sir Alex

Now Keane has hit back in remarkably ferocious style, revealing that he no longer has a relationship with Ferguson, refused a club invite to attend a 25th anniversary dinner for his old boss and claiming the 69-year-old is not the great servant to United people claim him to be.

In an interview with The Sunday Times, Keane has also told how the club threatened to sue him after an interview he gave in 2008 in which he spoke about the controversial manner of his departure from Old Trafford in 2005.

ROY KEANE COMMENT

This is one fight the former United captain can't win

The former Ipswich and Sunderland manager said: ‘People say Ferguson always does what is right for Man United. I don’t think he does. I think he does what is right for him.

‘The Irish thing (when Ferguson took on major United shareholder John Magnier over stud rights to the champion racehorse Rock of Gibraltar), I was speaking to the manager about this.

‘That didn’t help the club, the manager going to law against its leading shareholder. How could it be of benefit to Man United?

‘It wasn’t and we know what happened. What was all that about? It’s amazing what happens. I look back at my relationship with him and I wonder if it wasn’t about me being good for him and good for the club.

Flashpoint: Keane was outspoken following United's Champions League exit

‘People say he stood by me in difficult times. But not when I was 34, not when I was coming towards the end. All of a sudden it was, ‘‘Off you go, Roy’’.’

Keane left United in November 2005, having fallen out of form and fitness and having criticised his team-mates so savagely in an interview for in-house TV station MUTV that the programme had to be scrapped.

Three years later, having talked about this for the first time, he received a letter from United’s solicitors requesting that he publicly apologise and retract his comments.

Keane believes this letter was sent at the behest of Ferguson and cites it as the reason he declined an invitation from club secretary Anne Wiley to attend a recent dinner held in the manager’s honour.

Keane added: ‘The way it ended, I couldn’t have gone and sat there like everything was great. He (Ferguson) would come and we all stand up and clap. I couldn’t have done that.

Outspoken: Keane was upset at the treatment United dished out when he left Old Trafford in 2005

‘I’ve got a son and I always thought I’d go back and watch some games with him. Apart from two testimonials I have not been to the stadium. I count my blessings to have played for Manchester United. All my family are United fans and I have no bitterness towards Man United. Please make that clear.

‘But when you get a letter from lawyers representing the club through your letter box then you wonder what it was all about. I rang (chief executive) David Gill and said, ‘‘What’s this all about?’’

‘I would love to think that I was more than an employee at Manchester United but maybe, ultimately, I wasn’t.’

No longer involved with a club, Keane works as a pundit on Champions League games for ITV. It was while fulfilling these obligations that he clearly upset Ferguson in Basle, the United boss suggesting when told of Keane’s criticism that his former skipper had not found management easy himself.

Keane added: ‘Believe it or not, that didn’t really upset me. I know what he is capable of (saying) and Man United had just been knocked out of a Champions League group they should have coasted through.

Better together: Ferguson and Keane enjoyed unrivalled success at United

‘I would say, though, that without players like myself, maybe he wouldn’t have such a good managerial record because players who go down the punditry road, it’s soon forgotten we put our bodies on the line for him.’

It appears, though, that it was Ferguson’s subsequent programme comments that caused him to speak out.

‘There was an angle there of trying to get the fans to look differently at me and I thought, ‘‘I can’t have that’’. I thought it was ridiculous. I can hardly do the TV wearing the United scarf and if me telling the young players to pull their socks up is such a hard thing to accept, I ask myself what kind of world we are living in. But I know how this works.

‘When I spoke to Alex about management before I left United, the two words he always used were power and control. He is trying to have power and control over me but I left Man United six years ago.

‘So I just thought, ‘‘You didn’t need to go there’’. But having said that, it didn’t surprise me.

‘Ex-players and even managers are like lapdogs, nodding their heads. My attitude is that, like everyone else, I am entitled to my opinion but it seems you can’t have a go at certain people.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1gvHNBYao
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Nothing wrong wth what he said. All persons can be questoned on exactly why certain behaviour. Sir Alex is human. Isn't he?

Even when 'good' is done...isn't there some of the selfish satisfaction in so doing?

Keane asks us to take another look and make our own 'call' on the degree of selfishness involved.

...that is, even as he either intentionally or unintentionally gives insight on his conclusion(s).
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

For the record, I have criticized Fergie many times over the years on this site. Right now I think the owners are more culpable than he is. They are gambling that they can mortgage the side, and ride their luck with very little investment and come up with great net income. But they are going to eventually damage the brand.
      "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

haha...tell that to jangle...cant wait for di bucket to drap out, when yuh ave a buy and sell policy , a wah see how much patience unnuh ave wid fergie.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Nothing wrong wth what he said. All persons can be questoned on exactly why certain behaviour. Sir Alex is human. Isn't he?

Even when 'good' is done...isn't there some of the selfish satisfaction in so doing?

Keane asks us to take another look and make our own 'call' on the degree of selfishness involved.

...that is, even as he either intentionally or unintentionally gives insight on his conclusion(s).
          Paul Marin calls him Darth Vader.. is Darth human?

Anyway, Keane is saying what many have said... it's telling that that Keane who epitomised the fighting spirit of the club and was one of its stalwarts during his tenure there should have fallen out so badly with the gaffer.
          Peter R

Comment

After all, he is not God. Just because he has won many things does not mean he should never be questioned. It is like politicians who thisnk they have been around so long that mere citizens shouldnt question their judgement or hold them to account for their behaviour.

Comment

Fergie does whats best for him? Well as long as it put trophy in the cabinet .... gwaan Fergie.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

By the way, how Rafa these days?

Now, if you are student of history and you want to understand why people study history, it is not just about dates and hard facts. It is also about human behaviour and very important life lessons.

Fergie learned that when you want an edge, you resort to BS mind games and distractions. He baited Rafa and Rafa fell for it and lost the psychological battle and bystanders also fell for it.

PJ used that nonsense about cell phone and gyal and black man time. JLP used things against Portia. JLP is counting on something similar with this woman loving thing. It is meant to distract the opposition and unruffle them. To get their eyes and their discussion off more meaningful things.

If Rafa had kept his eye on the prize he would have done a lot more with Liverpool, even with less money than Man U had.

Comment

With all due respect my fellow Man U die hard, you must be looking out of your rear because your head is deep in the sand. Man U is in trouble and needs some great luck and some good moves in the transfer market.

Comment

Ahhhh boy mind games , if a laugh a drap dung , it had nothing to do with our two tailsmen out injured , Ferraud & Torres with 3 months remaining in the that campaign ?

Unnuh juss get lucky.Buy & Sell Rafa almost clip the leveraging Man U ,Rafa a line up Arsenal,Chelski & Spurs,Man City job, probably Real or something in France, then back to the U.K fi unfinished business with pool.

Comment

Disagree. There were a few games at key junctures where the mind games came into play. A few licks at key junctures can affect a club's direction. I actually liked how Torres owned the Man U backline. I do love my Man U team. But the beauty of the challenge the conquest and the score is something I always admire. Even without Torres, the KOP team was dangerous. But the off the field stuff can break focus and chip confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                        With all due respect my fellow Man U die hard, you must be looking out of your rear because your head is deep in the sand. Man U is in trouble and needs some great luck and some good moves in the transfer market.
                        didn't say players are not needed. My post is based on what Keano said.
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

ok boss. Respek

Comment

... the ends justify the means... ahh bwoyy
                            Peter R

Comment

" ‘People say Ferguson always does what is right for Man United. I don’t think he does. I think he does what is right for him."

Which club coach has won more trophies than Fergie? This is nothing new, time and again Fergie mek it clear that the most important person in the club in the MANAGER! How many times has Fergie built a winning team? When Chelsea got their billions people on this VERRRRRYYYYY forum was predicting the end of the Empire .... how many has Fergie won since then?

As long as Fergie's selfishness bring in trophies .... by all means.

Comment

Working...
                              X