Jamaicans going to Scandinavian Clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaicans going to Scandinavian Clubs

Do you think it is beneficial to young, talented Jamaican footballers to start their professional careers with Scandinavian clubs???

I have noticed that those who showed promise, like Luton Shelton and Rudolph Austin, went to Scandinavian clubs and a few years later, when they should be at the top of their game, it seems their progress have stalled. Now, I see reports that Mattocks, another promising footballer, might be heading to Scandinavia.

I am no expert, but based on what I have seen from Jamaican footballers (1 on 1 skill, speed, physical play) starting their careers in Germany (developing the basics of the game and instilling discipline in their play) would be best for their development.

What German team you see scouting Jamaicans? Luton actually went to England then Scandinaivan club and is now in the Turkish league. Is that you called stalled?

Rudi Austin might not be doing much in Jamaica but his career is doing well at his club. Most of the Jamaican ballers in the Nordic are getting paid decent salaries, Mattocks may go there as his contract is way better than what he would have gotten in the MLS and he may have a chance to play in the European Champions league. Is that you call stalling. These leagues are scouted more than MLS or any other league our footballer is playing in.

How many players we have who came through the ranks in German league??? and why not?? You think it is because they choose not to play there?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
      Do you think it is beneficial to young, talented Jamaican footballers to start their professional careers with Scandinavian clubs???
      I'm betting that these players think it's beneficial to them to go where the most money is offered. And in such a short career as professional football it's hard to blame them.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

FC Bayern München!!!

I thought Jamaica had a youth player signed to FC Bayern Munich , courtesy of a former ReggaeBoy. You need to understand, along with your federation, that if you want the BEST for your footballers and your national program, you have to go after it and not sit on your a$$ and accept whatever you are offered and what you are told is your worth.

If you think the Scandinavian leagues are the best option for your young, talented footballers and that Shelton and Austin have grown and developed as footballers, then I can see why your federation still has not built an academy and state of the art training facility, and constantly signing apparel deals that are laughable, to say the least.

Do NOT settle for MEDIOCRITY. Always demand the best.

Comment

How often does Bayern Munich sign a Jamaican and the kid is still young. You have no idea if he will progress to the higest level(we do hope)

In case you don't know of the Phonix Academy who had that player sign, You have one player signed and now we should have all our players looking into that league? Why not in Scandanavia too? You have players transferring from the Nordics to mainland Europe pretty often and some players might actually develop better in that league. The chance for many of our top players to be taken in top German league straight from Jamaica is VERY slim. That is the reason why MLS, Nordic league and even Vietnam League is good for them.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

good point zeppo... each player will make decisions that benefits them... 99% of the time money is the driver...
            'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
              You need to understand, along with your federation, that if you want the BEST for your footballers and your national program, you have to go after it and not sit on your a$$ and accept whatever you are offered and what you are told is your worth.
              So what are the players supposed to do? Show up at German clubs and demand to get signed?

Like it or not, the clubs have to want the players first in order to make it happen, and not the other way around.
              "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
              - Xavi

Comment

You are right on the money about Austin and Shelton - They have certainly not improved as hoped. Yet our players have no choice but to go into markets that snap them up/come calling.

USAF my friend, all our players wish to go into the very best situation.

Aside: We all know our various programs at home need to be better structured and operated. ...and we do know that when that happens our young players will have 'players' (VIPs) in the best leagues come calling. Yup in JA, talent abounds. ...but the managers and teachers/coaches???? Bwoy???
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl both players haven't improved for Jamaica. Both have for their clubs and have delivered. How else could Austin be voted as some "top player" in his league. Not because a player don't look good inna the national colours mean there is no improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                    Karl both players haven't improved for Jamaica. Both have for their clubs and have delivered. How else could Austin be voted as some "top player" in his league. Not because a player don't look good inna the national colours mean there is no improvement.

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...723#post329723
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                    X