My Report on the U-17 Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Report on the U-17 Victory

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">No 60% effort here. From the opening whistle, it was clear both teams were going for the victory, if not the jugular.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">The Boyz had the upper hand for the first 15 minutes or so, but just. John-Ross Doyley too up where he left off in the first game by firing harmless long range shots from midfield. Strikers Shavar Brown and Dever Orgill looked confident with the ball at their feet, and the left wingback, Christopher Banner overlapped well. Still, too much dribbling as opposed to the more efficient Mexican style of one and two touches of the ball, accompanied by strong running to support it.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">After around 20 minutes, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Mexico</st1lace></st1:country-region> took control of the game. Mounting several attacks, most ending with tame shots to the goal, they kept the Boyz on their heels, camping out in the Boyz’ half for a good 15 minutes. They must have taken 10 unanswered shots to goal in that period.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Apparently forgetting how to defend, the Mexicans gave up the first goal. As the goalkeeper hesitated coming for the ball, while his defender motioned for him to do so, Orgill pounced on the loose ball and registered the first goal for the Boyz. His subsequent somersaulting expressed his delight. Once again, the world champion Mexicans were going to have to come from behind to win this.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Soon after that, The Boyz could have made it 2-0. A ball was intercepted in the Mexican half and passed to Orgill. He dismissed his marker neatly and fired past the advancing goalkeeper, missing the right upright. A pass instead to his teammate who was supporting him to his left may have resulted in a simple tap in.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Mexico</st1lace></st1:country-region>’s best chance came minutes later. Sent through with a fine long pass, the Mexican striker shrugged off desperate pulls from the Jamaican sweeper and was left one-on-one with goalkeeper, Dennis Taylor. Inexplicably, his shot sailed skyward and everyone, except the visitors, breathed heavy sigh of relief.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">If the first half was energetic, the second was even more so. Both sides began making several changes, and the Mexicans were in the ascendancy. Using their fine technical skills, they two-touched their way around the Boyz who defended stoutly. Substitute Jesus Millan took up a left winger role and became a thorn in the Boyz side. He became the focus of not ju

BLACK LIVES MATTER

RE: My Report on the U-17 Victory

Thanks for the report Mosiah.

Why do you think it's so hard to change our football philosophy?

Better yet, does Jamaica know that our football philosophy needs to change?

Comment

[quote]Mosiah (2/18/2007)<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">No 60% effort here. From the opening whistle, it was clear both teams were going for the victory, if not the jugular.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">The Boyz had the upper hand for the first 15 minutes or so, but just. John-Ross Doyley too up where he left off in the first game by firing harmless long range shots from midfield. Strikers Shavar Brown and Dever Orgill looked confident with the ball at their feet, and the left wingback, Christopher Banner overlapped well. Still, too much dribbling as opposed to the more efficient Mexican style of one and two touches of the ball, accompanied by strong running to support it.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">After around 20 minutes, <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Mexico</st1lace></st1:country-region> took control of the game. Mounting several attacks, most ending with tame shots to the goal, they kept the Boyz on their heels, camping out in the Boyz’ half for a good 15 minutes. They must have taken 10 unanswered shots to goal in that period.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Apparently forgetting how to defend, the Mexicans gave up the first goal. As the goalkeeper hesitated coming for the ball, while his defender motioned for him to do so, Orgill pounced on the loose ball and registered the first goal for the Boyz. His subsequent somersaulting expressed his delight. Once again, the world champion Mexicans were going to have to come from behind to win this.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">Soon after that, The Boyz could have made it 2-0. A ball was intercepted in the Mexican half and passed to Orgill. He dismissed his marker neatly and fired past the advancing goalkeeper, missing the right upright. A pass instead to his teammate who was supporting him to his left may have resulted in a simple tap in.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1lace w:st="on">Mexico</st1lace></st1:country-region>’s best chance came minutes later. Sent through with a fine long pass, the Mexican striker shrugged off desperate pulls from the Jamaican sweeper and was left one-on-one with goalkeeper, Dennis Taylor. Inexplicably, his shot sailed skyward and everyone, except the visitors, breathed heavy sigh of relief.<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><o></o><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt">If the first half was energetic, the second was even more so. Both sides began making several changes, and the Mexicans were in the ascendancy. Using their fine technical skills, they two-touched their way around the Boyz who defended stoutly. Substitute Jesus Millan took up a left winger role and became a thorn in the Boyz
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

<DIV>I guess when you win 2-0, then you must have had a better game than the loser. So, I will pardon our newspapers from giving us that impression. Afterall, they are merely reporting, not really analysing the play.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Yes, goals win matches. We know that, but let's move on.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Football for me is a passing game. The passes will lead to goal-scoring opportunities and goal-scoring opportunities should lead to goals. I believe the Mexicans got maybe twice as many opportunities as we did. If only they could shoot, things would have been different. And yes, shooting is also a part of the game.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>I will only begin to feel really good about our teams when we can consistently string 10 passes together while creating goalscoring opportunities. Until then...</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah (2/19/2007)<DIV></DIV><DIV>Yes, goals win matches. We know that, but let's move on.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Football for me is a passing game. The passes will lead to goal-scoring opportunities and goal-scoring opportunities should lead to goals. I believe the Mexicans got maybe twice as many opportunities than we did. </DIV>
          That is why youroverviews of the matches tell methat we came out ahead going against the grain.

It says at our present level we should not really expect this team tobeat this Mexican team in the play-offs.

Going further - it means to me that what you have written says we cannot expect to defeat the TOP OF THE WORLD TEAMs playing as we did.

So rapid improvementMUST befrom here on out!

The good thing is 'we are here' so 'it should not be impossible to get there'!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Mosiah! Triniman over on the Warriors site wants a report of the match so I will acknowledge your report.

If you don't mind.

Comment

<DIV>That's okay. Let him know that I can guarantee that the Boyz will whip T&amp;T by at least 3 clear goals when they next meet. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>And we won't need to change the tournament format either.</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yeah oh they would win by 3 clears goals .... again you gone with change of formatt poor guys.... well if you all so prepared a formatt change should not stop the boyz from qualifying....... just hope you all get by canada first

Comment

Working...
                X