Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeppo check out the new American Wonderkid

Viking target American wonderkid

Norwegian giants Viking are reportedly considering making a move for American wonderkid Darren Mattocks. Mattocks has scored 36 goals in 43 appearances for the University side Akron in Ohio.

Viking boss Age Hareide told Aftenbladet: "Mattocks is the topscorer in University football. He is extremely fast."

Viking's Gary Goodchild has watched Mattocks in action in the USA.

Mattocks has admitted he would be keen for a move to Europe.

Read more: http://www.ontheminute.com/news/news...#ixzz1gk4iQ2gg

http://fotball.aftenposten.no/eliteserien/article216551.ece
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Yuh love seek Babylon approval eeh
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

the man love tell we bout the new American starlet so mi have fi make sure him see that him miss this one
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I see he is either American or Jamaican-born.

sigh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Not surprised. It's common for Scandinavian teams to raid the top college prospects. Charlie Davies and Marcus Tracy are names that come to mind right off the top of my head. And UNC's Billy Schuler is also currently being courted by Scandinavian teams:

http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_b...g-schuler.html

College kids are a low-risk gamble for these teams because they are free agents, so if you sign one for free and things don't work out then it's not much of a loss at all. On the other hand if he does work out then it's a great investment for the team.
          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
          - Xavi

Comment

Mattocks is not a free agent, he is affiliated to Jamaican Club Waterhouse. Just like Damani Ralph was affiliated to Habour View.

Comment

So are you saying that if a pro team wants to sign Mattocks then they will have to pay a transfer fee to Waterhouse?
              "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
              - Xavi

Comment

Maybe Mo can help her but I understand when Damani transferred to the Russian club Habour View got some of the contract money.

Comment

American wonderkid?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                      Maybe Mo can help her but I understand when Damani transferred to the Russian club Habour View got some of the contract money.
                      According this report the Chicago Fire got a portion of the transfer fee when Ralph was sold -- no mention of Harbour View:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...327015&cc=5739
                      - Xavi

Comment

Damani Ralph Transferred to Major League Soccer and chosen to play for the Chicago Fire – he becomes the new record holder of “The Rookie Goalscorer Award” with 11 goals erasing the former mark of 8 goals.

http://www.hvfc.net/International.htm

You will notice the word Transferred. There was a clause on Damani

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          There was a clause on Damani
                          You're right. I found a link that explains it better. A comment from Peter Wilt, who was then the General Manager of the Chicago Fire:

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showp...&postcount=112

I have to wonder how any transfer fee would be involved regarding Mattocks since he's coming from a college team (as opposed to a pro team as Ralph did when he transferred to Russia). If he has some kind of contract with Waterhouse then it must have been set up so as not to make him a professional -- otherwise he wouldn't have been able to play in the NCAA under their rules.
                          - Xavi

Comment

It is within the rule as no team Pro team in Jamaica and I am not even sure if Mattock played for waterhouse senior team, Still don't mean they don't have a contract.

Comment

Working...
                            X