USA U-17s thrash Jamaica All-Stars in Kingston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA U-17s thrash Jamaica All-Stars in Kingston

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top height=6></TD></TR><TR><TD class=header_bold vAlign=center></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD class=header_titles_black vAlign=top>U-17 MNT Defeat Jamaica All-Stars 3-0 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD class=left_nav_italic vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top></TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytext vAlign=top><DIV>

KINGSTON, Jamaica (Feb. 16, 2007) - The U.S. Under-17 '90 Men's National Team defeated the Jamaica All-Stars, 3-0, this evening in Kingston, Jamaica.

Ellis McLoughlin, Billy Schuler and Kirk Urso tallied for the U.S.

McLoughlin put the U.S. up early, hitting a well-struck ball from the top left corner of the penalty area in the sixth minute. Schuler played the ball to the forward and he buried the one-timer into the far post.

Schuler got on the board as well when he finished off a chance in the 74th minute. Axel Levry played the ball in to Schuler at the top of the box and he perfectly placed his shot off the right post and in.

Urso closed the curtains on the day by curlinghis35-yard free kick from the left side past the 'keeper in the 87th minute.

The U.S. will return to the U.S. on Saturday.

U.S. Under-17 ‘90 Men’s National Team Game Report

Participants: USA vs. Jamaica All-Stars
    Competition: Friendly
    Date: February 16, 2007
    Weather: Hot, 87 degrees

Scoring Summary:
    1 2 F
    USA 1 2 3
    JAS 0 0 0

USA – Ellis McLoughlin (Billy Schuler) 6th minute
    USA – Billy Schuler (Axel Levry) 74.
    USA – Kirk Urso 87.

Lineups:
    <U>USA:</U> 1-Josh Lambo; 2-Sheanon Williams (5-Matt Uy, 78); 3-Mykell Bates; 6-Dan Wenzel; 16-Brandon Zimmerman; 8-Jared Jeffrey (12-Kirk Urso, 76); 15-Dane Shea (11-Ryan Gracia, 78); 17-Greg Garza (10-Bryan Dominguez, 64); 19-Alex Nimo (7-Axel Levry); 9-Ellis Mcloughlin (14-Jesse Paredes, 78); 13-Billy Schuler (20-Alex Dixon, 78)
    Subs not used:4-Howard Turk; 18-Zack MacMath
    Head Coach: John Hackworth

<U>JAS:</U> 1-Gariece McPherson; 4-Andre Bratwait; 5-Aron Spencer; 9-Ricardo Webb; 10-Ateb Morgan (20-Leon Powell, 18); 12-Trevor Smith; 6-Orville Anderson (19-Daniel Gilzien, 63); 17-Claude Hines (14-Dane Kelly, 72); 8-Nicoli Holness (15-Shavon Charlton, 46); 7-Machel Baker (16-Jaborie Baker, 61); 18-Jhuvan Francis (11-Donovan Rdward, 61);
    [i]Subs
    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
    - Xavi

RE: USA U-17s thrash Jamaica All-Stars in Kingston

you wont get any attaching thread to your post Zeppo.

(US U-17 beat a Jamaican ALLSTAR team huh :w00t:

Justimagine if it was the other way around!!!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

And it's even worse when you look at the stats!

Statistical Summary:

USA JAS

Shots 19 2

Shots on goal 9 0

Saves 0 5

Fouls 26 9

Corner Kicks 12 1

Offside 2 1

Yep, the silence is deafening!

"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

this must have been a 4th rate "all stars" teami.e. the best of "what lef"...u17's were playing and the u 20's gone...u 23 (so to speak) in hong kong.....who was left to play?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I would not read too much into that All Stars result Zeppo. As Gamma said, with the Under-17, under-20 and under-23 all engaged in competitions at this time, what was left for an under-17 All stars team? Moreover, I would think that the All Stars team comprised of players who were pulled together at short notice, thus the players not having time to gell as a team. On te other hand, the US under-17 has been in camp for months gearing for this competition.

I am not making excuses, but I would not boast on that result too much.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

suh what about the abundance of talent myth? Thats thrown out the window fi now?
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie (2/18/2007)suh what about the abundance of talent myth? Thats thrown out the window fi now?
              Lazie, I am not trying to be defensive. I am also not one to tout this abundance of talent line. Check with Shatta, X, Karl etc for that.

I believe talent alone will only open doors for you, but it will not take you very far if you lack organization and solid work to make you a winner. So it matters not if we had ten Freddy Adu caliber players on the All Star's side, if they were hurriedly brought together to play against a well seasoned USA team, then you can expect the results you saw. A good contest would have been to have the USA put their team against these same players who were held in camp of similar length to theirs with some top class coaching.
              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

opps .. my bad. Figured that since the masses quiet, they are agreed with the myth.

Yuh see the game stats?
                "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Yuh see the game stats?
                  I saw the same stats yes, but read nothing more into it that this should be expected. The USA team is better organized as a unit. If that result was against out under-17, I would be worried.

Comment

Who are the players that played on the Jamaica All-Star team?

Do any of them play for the national team?
                    - Xavi

Comment

Because the AllStar team was crap!

But since you are begging - congrats for a great win!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

JAS: 1-Gariece McPherson; 4-Andre Bratwait; 5-Aron Spencer; 9-Ricardo Webb; 10-Ateb Morgan (20-Leon Powell, 18); 12-Trevor Smith; 6-Orville Anderson (19-Daniel Gilzien, 63); 17-Claude Hines (14-Dane Kelly, 72); 8-Nicoli Holness (15-Shavon Charlton, 46); 7-Machel Baker (16-Jaborie Baker, 61); 18-Jhuvan Francis (11-Donovan Rdward, 61);

Zeppo these are the Jamaican all star players....I can't recall any of them

playing on the national team, but I could be wrong

Comment

Considering that the USA U-17 team has been together since last year and was only able to defeatan All-Stars Jamaicanteam 3-nil that's a pretty good result for me. I was thinking that a last minute assembled All Stars team would have received a 6 or more nil thrashing. And it easily could have been 2-nil if the defender had not blocked the goalkeeper during the freekick that saw the second goal scored.

There is definately talent in this bunch of All Stars.

Comment

Well said Jamaica 2099. Its right out in the open for people to see the dangers of not knowing yourself as others can easily manipulate you.

Notice how many replies this "Jamaica got trashed" post from Zeppo got as oppossed to how many replies the positive post about Jamaica beating the world champion got. Any other non black nation forum and the post about beating Mexico would be filled with congrats etc. etc.

Why is it we gravitate to people who disrespect us so much? Is it because we don't respect ourselves and so like Iwayne say "slave master spit inna unnu face unnu take that with a smile"

Zeppo you thought I was gone uh and so you could come on here and run amock. With no one capable of seeing through your designs because they lack knowledge of self and they absolutely positively hate it when I say that we all have second class mentality.

Through mi know say it bun dem I just continue to say it and laugh at dem as they get vex because the more they get vex the more mi take it to them while laughing. (Gamma how many ships inna the harbour today? OJ how the ackee market inna Canada, I can't get any out here)

We need to ask ourselves some questions

How much time do we spend on other rivals football forum?

What would our purpose be if we are over on our rivals forums?

Would we be over there to big them up, boost their self esteem, or talk them down? What was our purpose on the Trini forum? were we long lost brothers in arms or did we spar?

Now think on that for a minute, take a break from the computer and come back to post the required response to Zeppo.

Don't thank me for teaching unnu how to think, its my duty.(go ahead and get vex about the last line and see if I care if you a carry belly fi mi, you betta go dash it way as mi not even a study unnu, bigger fish fi fry )

respect

Comment

Lazie (2/18/2007)opps .. my bad. Figured that since the masses quiet, they are agreed with the myth.

Yuh see the game stats?
                              ABUNDANCE of talent! That's a fact!

If it were not so...how is it so many of the players can be moved into the highly competitive leagues and fit in.

Just imagine our players are moving from a high school and or the NPL and make the transition to US college teams- consistently win awards-and the professional leagues. Sure most of these players are setting the world on fire...but, havemany of our players in the US colleges really tried to move into playing the game as 'career path'? ...and, those who have gone off to the professional leagues areusually not our best schoolboy talent?

...as it has always been, our best talents usually move on to other professions and or vocations.

I would think that up until now our best talents have not been seeing and or usingthe playing of football as a first choice 'lifelong' path.

The talent is there. It needs teachers topoint some of our talented students towardsthat seeing of football as an avenuetolifelong means to/foreconomic and self growth.

All our very best talent cannot move into playing football...some have to move towards teaching, becoming lawyers, doctors, civil servants, policemen, engineers, accountants, nurses, etc.

In the other areas the pool of teachers is greater...and, the teachers in the other areas are in main far better trained.

So Lazie, stop blaming the kids for the poor quality of the teachers...and, thus the limited...very limited quality of teaching they are exposed to...and,as a consequence the limited avenue to advance as footballers...as in each and every other area ( vocational path and or professional path) among our kids - across our island TALENT ABOUNDS!

Myth? Indeed...? Just as the nonsense about our kids inability to read - poor levels of literacy is pushed at/on the kids, rather than lack of opportunity to sit at the feet of teachers...so is the nonsense by someon 'lack of talent' where playing the game of football is concerned.Our young talents/our talented young onesneed teachers!

Wah mi seh - TALENT ABOUNDS! Bring in the teachers! Expose the young talents to the teachers...then, and only then, will you see it florish!
                              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                              X