RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why I cannot fully respect Arsenal.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why I cannot fully respect Arsenal.

<H1>Fabregas' Barca jibe sparks Hughes fury<BR clear=all></H1><DIV class=text11 style="BACKGROUND: #fff"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>

Blackburn manager Mark Hughes had a run-in with teenage Arsenal star Cesc Fabregas when the Spanish teenager asked him after a goalless, soul-destroying fifth-round draw at The Emirates: 'Did you really play for Barcelona?'</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV>

Rugged Rovers had battled for a replay from the start and were benefactors of referee Martin Atkinson's generosity in turning down a stonewall Arsenal penalty.

But boss `Sparky` flew into a fury, gesturing at Fabregas as he went down the tunnel after his sniping remark.

And the four-times FA Cup winner with Manchester United and Chelsea insisted: 'I thought the boy showed disrespect to somebody who has won a lot more FA Cups than him.'

Hughes explained: 'He came off the pitch and asked me if I had played for Barcelona and when I said that, yes I did, he said something to the effect of `that wasn't Barcelona football, was it ?'

Fabregas, a Barcelona fan from a lad, later apologised to Hughes but was frustrated by a 90-minute rearguard action by Rovers which earned a replay at Ewood Park next Wednesday.

Arsenal now play PSV in Eindhoven in the first leg of their second round Champions League on Tuesday and then Chelsea next Sunday in the Carling Cup final, while Blackburn have the second leg of their UEFA Cup clash with Germany's Bayer Leverkusen on Thursday at Ewood.

Hughes said: 'I thought our performance merited a good deal of credit. We had six or seven senior players out injured or rested and the last time we came here we lost 6-2.

'We certainly didn't want that happening again and we did well to restrict a very good Arsenal side to just a few chances. Brad Friedel made some terrific saves at the end but for the most part he was not very busy.

'We have had nine of our last 11 games away from home and have done really well. It is another game now but we are glad to still be in the hat.'
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: This is why I cannot fully respect Arsenal.

Arsenal never fails to show how classy its players and coach aren't. From Wenger down, Henry and all, boorish behaviour shines thru more than their beautiful football.

Sad.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Was that really a classless act...needling a coach for his side anti-FOOTBALL tactics?

Yes!

...but, Hugesreaction was just as classless. He should have laughed in Fabregas' face.

Yeah...two wrongs never a right make. Fabregas (Arsenal) was borish! Huges (Blackburn) was borish!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Come on. if it rains over the Emirates and no where else in North London, anti Arsenal fans, such as yourself,will find that a reason to knock the club.

It seems to me that the statement from Cesc was more a jab at their defensive posture and game tactics and less so a direct insult to Mark's capability and pedigree as a player. Also, given Arsenal's inability to score, I can understand their frustration.

Guidance

Comment

I think this isa storm in a tea cup.

It goes without saying that when things don't go their way Arsenal get's frustrated and wound up. However, maybe with the exception of Pool over the lasst 5 years, (memory fails me here)most of these clubs and managers in the top endtend to exhibit these sort of behavior, especially during the Tony Adams era.

However, this thing with Cecs and Mark, cho...seems over blown to me.

Guidance

Comment

Are you serious? You ever see or hear Fergie behaving likea sore loser when his teamdrop points? Which team Rafa coach again?

GaryD .. Frances Fabregas is an ass. I've been observing his rotten attitude. Remember when Arsenal lost their unbeaten run? Who yuh think it was that threw pizza on Fergie? Okay.

The boy have no right walking up to Sparky with that remark. KArl right, he reacted badly, him shoulda box him.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Since when I'm anti Arsenal? If anything I'm anti Chelsea, suh stop think unuh that important.

Every time unuh draw or lose Wenger and him whiners affi show dem true colours. Pathetic bunch. Yet unuh claim dem a big side? Duh ... get serious.

Comment

Nuh mind Karl. He is the master of excuses. He has them all for Arsenal's misbehaviour and for Tappa's bad games.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                X