X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FBI investigates CONCACAF General Secretary

FBI investigates CONCACAF General Secretary

Chuck Blazer - CONCACAF General Secretary

CONCACAF General Secretary, Chuck Blazer is being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) on suspicion of receiving bribe during the World Cup bidding process in 2010 when Russia and Qatar won the right to host World Cups 2018 and 2022, respectively.

The FBI has no jurisdiction over world football governing body FIFA. However, its interest is into alleged bribery payments made to an American.

Blazer, a FIFA committee member who is said to have received commission payments totaling more than US $500,000.

The FBI is probing whether there is any connection between issues involving the World Cup bids and possible payment to Blazer.

U.S. investigators are examining documents appearing to show confidential payments to offshore accounts operated by blazer. The FBI is seeking to determine the legal status of these payments.

Blazer is contracted to work for CONCACAF, but the FBI is examining evidence that payments had allegedly come from the Caribbean Football Union (CFU), a separate regional body, which was controlled Jack Warner.
    Last edited by Karl; December 11, 2011, 12:01 PM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

huh?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

what the "huh" fa? LOL
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Glass house

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW3j_KXufPE
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          what the "huh" fa? LOL
          Sass, don' mine Gamma, him believe seh FIFA suppose fi mek outta teflon!!! Godeh FBI - lock up all a di tief dem!!!!!!
          "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

the "huh" is because glazer was the "whistlebower" on the CFU corruption scandal .. it mek some sense now if him tek money fi engineer an outcome dat him neva deliver because CFU thwart him...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              the "huh" is because glazer was the "whistlebower" on the CFU corruption scandal .. it mek some sense now if him tek money fi engineer an outcome dat him neva deliver because CFU thwart him...
              Gamma, what is the legal position on bribery? If there was bribery in the world cup and the FBI had proof, could the US sue FIFA in America? And if so, would it be criminal or civil?
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I think you are asking Gamma if there is proof of bribery could there be a civil suit (suing) as well as a criminal suit???

I am thinking on that also...I wonder on the source of the info reaching the FBI?

The tip of "Jack's" 'tsunami' ...and possible more to come...or Blatter (FIFA) suddenly turns the charges against "Jack" out the door ...i.e. dis Blazer ting -- 1st shot fired by "Jack"
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

they could sue individuals and allege that the process was corrupt ... if they sued FIFA that would be an interesting one and a route i do not think they would take because there would be too much to lose for both sides.

imho it would have to be civil, corruption by definitition must involve government or state officials and that doesn't seem to arise here. there is also the jurisdictional issue .... us have jurisdiction over blazer because he is american. they would have to have been some involvement with the us (monies went to an american account, involves americans, took place in america etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                    they could sue individuals and allege that the process was corrupt ... if they sued FIFA that would be an interesting one and a route i do not think they would take because there would be too much to lose for both sides.

imho it would have to be civil, corruption by definitition must involve government or state officials and that doesn't seem to arise here. there is also the jurisdictional issue .... us have jurisdiction over blazer because he is american. they would have to have been some involvement with the us (monies went to an american account, involves americans, took place in america etc)
                    This is why I like Don Corleone. Even though he was a tief, he was an "honest" tief who operated honorably, not like these peyah-peyah tief like Blatter an' dem. If FIFA had to deal wid Corleone's form of justice (instead of the convoluted one Gamma tells us about above), everything would be just fine.

Comment

Boss juss say im is an american tief.
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                      X