The King got his statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The King got his statue

THERE were tears from Thierry Henry today as Arsenal unveiled a bronze statue of the club's record goalscorer outside the Emirates Stadium.

Henry has been immortalised in familiar goalscoring pose, on his knees, fists clenched, as part of the Gunners' 125th anniversary celebrations.

He's joined by two further bronze statues, one of boss Herbert Chapman, who is regarded as the founding father of the club's success from the 1930s, and a third featuring inspirational captain Tony Adams.

As his statue was unveiled, Henry launched into an Oscars style acceptance speech, complete with tears.

The weepy Frenchman said: "I know I don't show emotions often. Some of the time some of the press used to kill me for not showing emotion.

"But there you go I'm showing emotion right now for the club I love.

"I just wanted to say thanks to my family for being here, my best friends also, my daughter, my mum."

Henry bagged 226 goals in his time with the Gunners, helping them lift two Premier League titles and the FA Cup twice.

In case anybody was in any doubt as to his feelings for Arsenal, he said: "I never thought in my wildest dreams that I would have a statue like this in front of the stadium of the team I love and support.

"The way the statue is gives the perfect example of the love I have for the club — me kneeling facing the Emirates Stadium and Highbury behind is amazing.

"I also have to thank the fans, you have always been special, and I always try to give my best, I know times it was not enough, but I always give it all out there on the field for you guys and the club.

"It is kind of weird to think of the amount of great players who have played for Arsenal, and for me to be right here, I have to say thanks to all of them, because I would not be able to be right there kneeling in front of this stadium, without them."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...or-statue.html

how can they dedicate a statue to this selfish b*st*ard??!!! karl?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
      LOL!!! Fully deserved ... how many times TH14 won a game all by himself?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well deserved but what about Ian Wright ???

Dem a gi him a fight

Comment

Right!!

Comment

Long live the KING !!!!
            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post

SIMPLE - ...the man is one of our GUNNERS greats. ...and that does not change the fact that in his final 2 years at our GUNNERS he was a liability.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

like how van persie is a liability now!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Ian Wright a no foreigner....
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
                  X