X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy Squeazy Mattocks, your in demand

Mattocks sought after by US and European clubs

Darren Mattocks (right).

After two years at Akron University, former Bridgeport and national under-20 representative, Darren Mattocks, could be tempted with a move to go pro following interests from clubs in the US major league and in Europe.
    Mattocks helped Akron to the division one title last year and his exploits have caught the attention of several clubs.
    “This year with the offers on the table in terms of North America, South America and Europe it is pretty tough to turn down these offers. They are wonderful financially and in terms of stability. So this year I will be declaring myself but I am not ruling out offers from Norway, Denmark and Brazil as yet,” he said.
    Mattocks, who scored 21 goals in 21 games this season to help Akron to the quarterfinal stage, is also a candidate for the 2011 Hermann trophy, for the most valuable player.
    “I’m in no rush to make any decision as yet because there are a lot of pros and cons to all five contracts, so I just have to carefully go over those before I make up my mind as to where I’m going,” he said.
    Mattocks is currently affiliated with Premier League campaigners Waterhouse FC.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Dis ah great news fi di yout, tek yuh time fi real yout kah di offers dem deh pan di table ahready. Yuh duh yuh works an now di reward ah show likkle bit, big up. fi suh much offers him mus hab more dan a likkle sumpn

Comment

this youth is a true blue striker. I hope he doesn't stay with the MLS.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X