Darren Mattocks and Ashton Bennett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren Mattocks and Ashton Bennett

These two Jamaicans are leading scorers in the US colleges.
    Bennett has one more than Mattocks but Bennett team is out of the NCAA D1 championship while Mattocks play today.

Mattocks is considered the number one draft pick in the MLS and may go to Montreal. Bennett is considered in the top 10. Mattocks is a sophmore and Bennett is a junior. Mattocks play in a harder division and this is his second year of been one of the top scorer in the USA.

We also have tulloch who did pretty decent but may not be in the draft before two more year.

question for the RPLers. Is Dane Kelly playing for Tivoli? He did very well last season in the A league. He was on loan from Tivoli and seemed to blossomed in that leage.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

He's with Tivoli now, I understand.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

thanks. Let me see how he will develop. He was miles ahead of Reno youth that played for the same team.

As for Mattocks, he may go to the MLS. His school has placed a a few players well in the MLS including Zacawani, Banbary and about 6-7 seven of them last year in the MLS all using the same agent. I hope he finds a team in Europe but if we base it on the school history....... I think however he should find a decent league in Europe.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well, if he gets to the pros, let us see how he performs there. As you have seen, many who were hot in college are only lukewarm when they get to the pros. Let us see if Mattocks can prove his mettle at the higher level.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

95% of Jamaicans who goes to the pro performed well. If history of Jamaicans is anything to go by in terms of the ones who left college and end up in the MLS, he is in good company including Andy Williams, Damani Ralph, Cunningham, Dane, Omar and Ryan to name a few.

Tilla I will take a bet on that, that this youth will be a class player wherever he goes, barring major injury.

Comment

I noticed you have stopped singing praises about O'brien White. it is the same way you were hitting us over the head with him all the time he was in college. Now he is in the MLS, you hardly hear of him and it is unlikely he will be called for the upcoming WC campaign.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

How can I sing praise of White??? the man injured, he hasn't played 20 games in two years.

In case you don't know he played about 6 games this year(at the begining of the MLS) and has a blood clot in his leg. I hope you can take back that and understand injuries.

Obrien in his first season didn't play 5 games.
              In his second year he coming off a nearly career ending injury he played bits and parts. He was a starter at the begining of this season(he had two goals) and was found with a blood clot and hasn't recovered yet.

Comment

Still think all the stats from the American college system is overrated. We need to see these players prove themselves beyond college.

Give Mattocks a chance and let him get into the MLS. When he starts delivering there, we will know he is something special. I am sure you heard he was called for the national under-23 and was not selected? What are we to gather from that? Is he not ready for that level of football or Tappa does not know talent?

Comment

95%? Is that a FB poll?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                    Still think all the stats from the American college system is overrated. We need to see these players prove themselves beyond college.
                    Well said. It's foolish to think that a player's stellar performances in college ball are automatically going to transfer to the professional environment.
                    "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                    - Xavi

Comment

I would say 100% put a give them the benefit of the doubt. LOL

Comment

The college system is doing a good job of putting players in the MLS.
                        How can 21 goals in college be overated for a 20 year old??

The fact is anywhere talent is, it is talent and you will soon see. Mattocks has never failed to score goals and he is not scoring sitters. He will make the next step and I am looking for great things from him.

Zeppo of all persons come on yah and talk bout overated???? Him should be ashamed how him push Freddy Adu, Eddie Johnson and some next players who him say a top class player better than anything we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          Zeppo of all persons come on yah and talk bout overated????
                          Where did I call anyone overrated? C'mon now, Asinine.

Just echoing Tilla's sentiments that success in college ball is no guarantee of success in the pros.
                          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                          - Xavi

Comment

i think, not sure, but i think what usually happens is the college ballers don't star up the NLS. Cummings was no big college balla, if I remember correctly, and even Dane Richards was no big name in college.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Dane was at Clemson, performed very well and was well known.

Comment

Working...
                              X