No announcement yet.

Blatter out of touch ...! SMH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too early to call just yet, there is damage for sure but how it plays out i am not willing to call it just yet based on some stuff that has come to my attention, non-europeans are not as united as they once were

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

You throwing words on the CFU people?
      Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
      Che Guevara.

Comment

moy?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

sorry ... MOI?

Comment

LOI!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lazie, why yuh think nobody was upset?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I'm sorry! Blatter backs down in storm over racism gaffe... but FIFA chief laughs off demands to quit

By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER

Last updated at 10:45 AM on 18th November 2011

Sepp Blatter has apologised for stunning the football world with his controversial comments on racism.

The FIFA president said on Wednesday that a handshake after the game could settle racial discrimination.

I'm staying put: Sepp Blatter refuses to leave his job

Leading figures in football, and the Prime Minister, have called for him to stand down, something which Blatter refuses to do.

'It hurts and I am still hurting because I couldn't envisage such a reaction,' Blatter told the BBC.
                Resign: The Prime Minister has called for Sepp Blatter to step down

'When you have done something which was not totally correct, I can only say I am sorry for all those people affected by my declarations.'
                The 75-year-old insisted that he wouldn't be leaving his job, adding: 'I cannot resign. Why should I?
                'When you are faced with a problem you have to face the problem. To leave would be totally unfair and not compatible with my fighting spirit, my character, my energy.'
                Blatter added that his comments had caused a 'serious incident' and that he had used 'unfortunate words' which he 'deeply regretted'.
                He said any players found guilty of racism on the pitch should be thrown out of the game, saying: 'Zero tolerance. This was a good lesson for me as well.'
                Sportsmail revealed on Friday that Emirates, one of FIFA' six official partners, may not renew their £122million deal when it expires in 2014.
                Tokyo Sexwale, the South African minister included in a photo with Blatter this week, told reporters: 'We should distinguish racial remarks from things that are said when players are fighting for a ball.'

Defence: Tokyo Sexwale has come out in support of Sepp Blatter

Sexwale said: 'If you say a player is not worth his salt, or you are rubbish, you are not fit to be here, you are not worth the money... at the end of the day handshakes as well as the exchanging of jerseys is about these things, even though we don't encourage them.

'If you use a racial slur it won't go away, you cannot exchange a jersey, you can't mitigate it with a handshake, that's why we call for action to be taken against players.
                'We should differentiate between racial remarks and remarks when players are fighting for the ball.'

Speaking out: Sexwale talks to reporters at a news conference in Johannesburg on Friday

He added: 'I think what Mr Blatter was saying, he mixed up those emotions and was trying to say "look, let's get on with the game". It was an unfortunate mistake.

'But he has inadvertently raised the bar in the fight against racism on the pitch.'

Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand has accused Blatter of 'ignorance', while another former England captain David Beckham described his remarks as 'appalling'.
                In a statement Mr Cameron said: 'It's appalling to suggest that racism in any way should be accepted as part of the game. A lot of work has gone into ridding racism from all aspects of our society, including football.

'As many of our top sports stars have rightly pointed out, now is not the time for complacency.
                Sports minister High Robertson said in no uncertain terms that Blatter should leave his post.
                'Sepp Blatter's comments are completely unacceptable,' he said. 'This is the latest episode that calls into question whether this man should be the head of world football. For the sake of the game, he should go.'

Anger: Rio Ferdinand arrives for Manchester United training on Thursday

Blatter's original statements on Wednesday are the cause of the controversy. Asked if he thought there was racism on the pitch, the FIFA president told CNN: 'I would deny it. There is no racism, there is maybe one of the players towards another, he has a word or a gesture which is not the correct one, but also the one who is affected by that.
                'He should say that this is a game. We are in a game, and at the end of the game, we shake hands, and this can happen, because we have worked so hard against racism and discrimination.

'I think the whole world is aware of the efforts we are making against racism and discrimination. And on the field of play sometimes you say something that is not very correct, but then at the end of the game, the game is over and you have the next game where you can behave better.'

More...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz1e3Uxxwxy
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                X