Guyana eliminate Trinidad & Tobago from World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guyana eliminate Trinidad & Tobago from World Cup

PROVIDENCE, Guyana - Guyana eliminated Trinidad & Tobago from World Cup qualifying with a 2-1 win on Friday at Providence Stadium.The victory lifted the Golden Jaguars to the Group B title and a place in Round Three of CONCACAF qualifying.

Ricky Shakes made it two goals in two games, putting the host into a 10th minute lead.

Leon Cort scored an insurance goal in the 81st minute, rendering meaningless Kenwyne Jones's strike two minutes into stoppage time.

The loss was a stunning turn of events for the Soca Warriors, which appeared in the World Cup finals just six years ago in Germany.They looked to be returning to form after a 4-0 victory over Barbados in their last qualifying match on October 11.

Guyana, on the other hand, is on the ascendancy, winning each of its three group games at home.It has scored two goals in four of its five qualifiers.

Guyana and Trinidad will meet again on Tuesday in Port of Spain.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Wow!!

Comment

I think it's safe to say that the Trinis have officially hit rock bottom.
      "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
      - Xavi

Comment

Disgraceful, pathetic, disorganized effery.

Comment

Yuh going to the match on Tuesday?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I did not go to ONE game in this qualifying, nor did I watch any of the local games as I used to...I think the level of football has dropped significantly as well as interest...
            I think our little sweat amongst friends is at a higher calibre.
            Whatthey should do is is drop this full sqaud and let the Under-23s that did so well at Pan Am play the Guyanese. I'm sure they'd do better.

Comment

People in Trinidad don't support football. HL's cricket saying applies to Trinidad.

Comment

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa!!!!!

Comment

Mo & Paw don't be a hater. As a leading football nation in the Caribbean, it is bad for the region when a top team fails to advance.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                    Mo & Paw don't be a hater. As a leading football nation in the Caribbean, it is bad for the region when a top team fails to advance.
                    ... maybe the other teams are improving.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The top Caribbean team in the group did advance.

Comment

not such a huge surprise. Look at Guyana FIFA ranking in the last year. Trinidad have been having problem beating any and everybody. Of course they didn't even make the Gold Cup.

We need to take sleep and mark death. If we gwaan fool ourselves like them others will be coming to eat our food.

Congrats to Guyana.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

as bad as we frig up we never drop to da level ya. no more JA-TNT rivalry as they are not on our level, ahahahaha

Comment

Nov. 11, 2011
                            U.S. U-23 Men’s National Team Defeats German Club VFL Bochum 3-1 in Scrimmage

The U.S. U-23 Men’s National Team defeated VfL Bochum 3-1 in a scrimmage in Germany on Friday. Goals from Terrence Boyd, Tony Taylor and Dilly Duka gave the USA the victory against a Bundesliga 2 side comprised of first and youth team players.
                            Read Full Story »
                            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Lionpaw View Post
                              as bad as we frig up we never drop to da level ya. no more JA-TNT rivalry as they are not on our level, ahahahaha
                              LOL
                              out of many one people

Comment

Working...
                              X