Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great advice for Robin van Persie

Marco van Basten urges Robin van Persie to remain at Arsenal

Dutch legend believes it would be beneficial for the Gunners' skipper to remain with the north London club, insisting that that is where the striker 'belongs'

First Goal Scorer Robin van Persie Bet: £5 £10 £20 £50 £100 Returns: £37.50 First Goal Scorer Robin van Persie Bet: £5 £10 £20 £50 £100 Returns: £43.30 First Goal Scorer Robin van Persie Bet: £5 £10 £20 £50 £100 Returns: £37.50
    $(document).ready(function() { Goal.bettingWidget.rotator( 'firstgoal', $('.betting-widget-firstgoal').find('table') ); });
    6 Nov 2011 10:02:00

By Adithya Ananth

Comments

More On : Arsenal, Robin van Persie

Getty Images

Netherlands legend Marco van Basten has urged Robin van Persie to stay with Arsenal.

The 28-year-old striker has been sensational for theGunners this season, scoring 11 goals and creating four more in 11 appearances in the Premier League.
    Don't Miss

However, there has been some speculation surrounding his future, as his contract is set to expire in 2013, and discussions concerning a new deal are thought to have been put off until the summer.

Now Van Basten insists that it would be in the striker's best interests to continue plying his trade for the north London club, and maintains that Van Persie's situation is unlike his own case when he left Ajax for ACMilan in 1987.

"Robin must not leave Arsenal. You can’t compare my situation at Ajax. The big difference is that Robin is ­already at a big club," he said, according to The Sunday Mirror.

"Robin has been in London for six years [sic]. He can’t help it that ­Arsenal have won ­nothing in that time.

"So much has changed in those six years in the Premier League.

"Chelsea have become a big club and have massive ­financial resources.

"Manchester City have ­become a big force and are richer than any other club.

"Manchester United and ­Liverpool have American owners. The amount of money which is flowing to these clubs for transfers is unbelievable. Arsenal operate differently. I admire that.

"And I still think Arsenal are the most beautiful club in ­England. At ManCity and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

"Arsenal have the most ­amazing stadium, they have a style of play, they have a ­beautiful shirt – in every way I consider Arsenal as the ­ultimate football club.

"It is the club where Robin belongs."

shy

I think he should stay

Comment

could not say it any better.....

Comment

"Manchester United and Liverpool have American owners. The amount of money which is flowing to these clubs for transfers is unbelievable. Arsenal operate differently. I admire that.

"And I still think Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At ManCity and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

"Arsenal have the most amazing stadium, they have a style of play, they have a beautiful shirt – in every way I consider Arsenal as the ultimate football club.

"It is the club where Robin belongs." Lazie,Jangle,X,Peter R -;This guy knows what he is talking about!!!

Comment

ManCity and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style. He left out manu.re

Comment

him nuh need MVB fi tell him dat .. mi woulda tell him di same ting!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

If not for anything else, Van Persie should stay at Arsenal for their beautiful shirts.
              Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Working...
              X