RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did John Terry slip or did just give up on the play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did John Terry slip or did just give up on the play?

Everytime I look at that play .. Terry turned to chase the ball and seeing that Van Persie is quicker than him he went down. I am yet to see where his foot gave way.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    Everytime I look at that play .. Terry turned to chase the ball and seeing that Van Persie is quicker than him he went down. I am yet to see where his foot gave way.

I think he slipped, it's not like him to give up.

Comment

yeah...he slipped ok.

BTW what's up with that racial thing?

Curious to see the outcome of this one.

Racism is in the DNA of those folks. They also get in their mother's milk!
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        yeah...he slipped ok.

It's hard to say, David James has a point that he's been around all different kinds of people and if that was the case it would have come out a long time ago but remember Clint Mathis ? He also played with many etnicities and he at times said some stuff.....yes we going back years but same principal.

Comment

mi granfaada seh, ef a man is a tief an' he stay at a place long enough ... he will tief!

in the professional sport setting as well as in the work environment with diverse cultures and races you do have those kind of people, CHUSS mi. they keep it down because they need the work. you look at things like do they hang out after work, when they have get togethers who do they NOT invite things like that.

racism is a nasty stain for which there is no quick fix ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yuh see it too..... Terry never slipped IMO.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

language like that is still part of the sub culture, even though some would say they are not racist, they would say " that black *ucker or *unt, or dat paki *********, or even dat yaadie bastard", its ingrained in a lot, trus mi

Comment

yeah...he slipped ok.

HL, Is that you?... that statement could be construed as racist... if you were white saying that about a black man where would that leave you? Consider yourself reprimanded...
                Peter R

Comment

he's on the "in" side!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

....you over analyzing Pete. 'Could be constructed as...'

Additionally, that book that I recommended that yu'all should read: How soccer Explains The World has opened my eyes to a historical angle to racism in the game--that I did not fully understand.

This should be a MUST read for you PR.

HL

Comment

HL, yuh should ease up off di haggis!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

De man drap a groun' plain an straight... plus the pass was terrible!
                        Peter R

Comment

and mayonnaise!

Comment

The pass was not bad. Terry was flat-footed and realised that he couldn't win the foot race, so he decided to manufacture a slip.
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

I pay EXTREMELY close attention to my saturated fats and cholesterol intake mosiah.

you need to drink more water.

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X