Darren Mattocks having another great year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren Mattocks having another great year

AKRON, Ohio – Sophomore Darren Mattocks continued his scoring binge with two more goals and an assist to lead the No. 7 University of Akron men's soccer team to a 3-0 victory over Bowling Green Wednesday night at FirstEnergy Stadium – Cub Cadet Field.

With the win, the Zips (12-2-2, 5-0) secured their seventh-consecutive Mid-American Conference regular-season championship and the right to host the league tournament on Nov. 11-13.

Mattocks, who recorded his second hat trick of the season last weekend at Buffalo, broke a scoreless tie in the 48th minute, assisted UA's second goal in the 63rd minute, then provided the game's final margin with his 17th goal in 15 matches in the 77th minute.

The Zips also extended a pair of historic streaks Wednesday, pushing their NCAA-record home unbeaten steak to 47 matches (44-0-3) and their conference undefeated streak to 36 (34-0-2).
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

I certainly hope he get a call up to the senior team as soon as his college season is over. He is undoubtedly our brightest goalscoring prospect in a long while!

Comment

The big question is, will he apply himself at national training or joke it out as he did with the U-23 team?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Last year he played with an experience team and this year he played with a young inexperience team as most of the players left. One was expecting him to fall off a little but he has taken up the leadership mantle for his team.

I speak to different people who live in Akron everyday and when they hear my Jamaican accent the argument turn to Bolt and Darren. If he chooses the MLS this year he will go in the top 5.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

MLS?! Don't think so!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

if he has a decent agent. However it a good achievement to know he is considered so high in his softmore year.

I look for him in Europe. Agent on contact as in the case of Mattocks means everything when he "chooses" one.

Comment

Working...
            X