HL, and the rest of the US based forumites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL, and the rest of the US based forumites

Do you guys know a Centre half playing for New York Red Bulls by the name of Tim Ream, whats your verdict on him, is he any good?

Ream looked like a good player up until this summer and looked to be the next big defender for the US. He has been crap since and has been very lacking at the National team level. At the club level, the only thing that doesn't make him look too bad this year is that Rafa Marquez has been worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
      Ream looked like a good player up until this summer and looked to be the next big defender for the US. He has been crap since and has been very lacking at the National team level. At the club level, the only thing that doesn't make him look too bad this year is that Rafa Marquez has been worse.
      Thanks Me, my brethren who works at Arsenal is telling me that Arsenal is watching him closely and that Thiery Henry rates him highly.

Comment

Dunny, what is your impression of Jenkinson ? the new right back ?
        Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
          Dunny, what is your impression of Jenkinson ? the new right back ?
          I like is attitude,he is not a typical Arsenal player but he will run for you all day. I think we need players like him to compliment the technically better players.

Comment

ok...he has not impressed me so far...but he is still young.

I PROPOSE we sell TW14, to Barca, as it is rumored that they want him. For what I dont know.
            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
              ok...he has not impressed me so far...but he is still young.

I PROPOSE we sell TW14, to Barca, as it is rumored that they want him. For what I dont know.
              He was bought for the future but had to be thrown in at the deep end because of injuries. He needs a lot of work but he's got a great attitude.

Comment

My biggest regret for leaving New jersey is not being close to "MetroStars" (aka RedBulls)

Arsenal May Covet a Red Bull on the Rise

By JACK BELLIn the last month, Red Bulls defender Tim Ream has turned out for Major League Soccer’s All-Stars against Manchester United and helped lead his team to a surprise victory at the Emirates Cup in London.

Andy Marlin/Getty ImagesAt 23, Tim Ream, a defender for the Red Bulls, has become an intriguing prospect for the United States national team.
                The obvious reason for the host of that four-team London tournament, Arsenal of the English Premier League, to invite the Red Bulls was that they feature Thierry Henry, the Gunners’ career goals leader. But Arsenal has shown more than a passing interest in Ream, 23, a central defender who has established himself in M.L.S. Ream has become an intriguing prospect for the United States national team, and has also caught the attention of scouts for some top European clubs.

“They are following Tim regularly and have done for a while, and they have told me the same,” Erik Soler, the Red Bulls’ general manager and sporting director, said last Saturday night in reference to Arsenal.
                “We have not had an offer for Tim, and my personal opinion is that he should stay here this season and next,” Soler said. “It would be good for him.”

Ream, a native of St. Louis, is obligated to the Red Bulls for two more option years. This season and in his rookie year, when he played in 30 games, he earned a little more than $55,000, plus performance bonuses. Ream was drafted by the Red Bulls out of St. Louis University, having never played at any level for a United States national team. Red Bulls Coach Hans Backe once compared him to Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand.

Before the end of last season, the Red Bulls offered to tear up Ream’s contract, a move confirmed by Soler and Ream’s agent, Patrick McCabe. They proposed a five-year deal that could have tripled his salary, but Ream turned it down.

M.L.S. declined to confirm reports than Arsenal made an offer for Ream last year, one believed to be in the $1 million range.
                Arsenal, which opened its regular season last Saturday with a scoreless tie against Newcastle United, is in the throes of upheaval with the sale of Cesc Fàbregas to Barcelona and the expected exit of Samir Nasri, probably to Manchester City. The transfer period in England, and elsewhere in Europe, concludes at the end of August, making it unlikely that Ream could move anytime soon.

“I think he wants to go into a good situation,” McCabe said in a telephone interview. “He’s not wide-eyed about going to Europe, and he’s realistic about his own game and knows he can improve. He knows he has to stay in the national team picture and that in the long term he needs to be in Europe.

“If he learned anything last year, it’s that he’s been lucky to get the opportunity he’s gotten. But he’s also seen that it’s a different level when he gets into the national team camps and trains with guys who are competing in Europe every week.”

Ream trained with the national team in Philadelphia for the recent debut of coach Jurgen Klinsmann, but he did not dress for the match, a 1-1 tie against Mexico on Aug. 10.
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I've been told that Arsenal have sent 2 scouts over to watch him against FC Dallas this week and are seriously thinking about getting him in January.

Comment

are that desperate? what we should have done is signed chris samba.

we are seeing howing invaluable kolo toure was ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Fully agree...Arsenal went down hill after getting rid of Gallas and Kolo Toure........................!

Toure (to me ) is a great utility player.
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                        Fully agree...Arsenal went down hill after getting rid of Gallas and Kolo Toure........................!

Toure (to me ) is a great utility player.
                        Got to balance the books!!

Comment

tell them, them can nuh waste them money unless them a go come scout Henry or Dane Richards.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                          X