No announcement yet.

Six of One...Half a Dozen of Another...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six of One...Half a Dozen of Another...

It makes me six to see one suffer such a defeat...and at home...

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
    It makes me six to see one suffer such a defeat...and at home...
    Now me know why dem seh u is a noisy neighbor. Geez...give it a rest rasta.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Why?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

How can we have a neighbour if we are the only team in Manchester?

Comment

Paul leave the man alone nuh mek him enjoy himself. How yuh so badmind!!!!
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Paul is JEALOUS yuh jealous suh ! ?

Mek the manc fans enjoy this moment...it nuh come too often !!

when does liverpool play Mancity ?
            Sunday, August 28th, 2011. We will never forget !!

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
              Paul is JEALOUS yuh jealous suh ! ?

Mek the manc fans enjoy this moment...it nuh come too often !!

when does liverpool play Mancity ?
              Wait!!! Ah you dat ah run u mout so? Unuh Arsenal man dem still deh bout? Or u is a City man now? LOL!!! Anyway, me cyan blame you if a so it go. As for when we play City: Sunday November 27. I will be at Disney World, so mi might miss it.
              "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                Paul leave the man alone nuh mek him enjoy himself. How yuh so badmind!!!!
                No...mi badmind me save fi unu!!! Now tell di truth, you ago put exercise book inna you pants next time you see Balla-telli don't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                  Wait!!! Ah you dat ah run u mout so? Unuh Arsenal man dem still deh bout? Or u is a City man now? LOL!!! Anyway, me cyan blame you if a so it go. As for when we play City: Sunday November 27. I will be at Disney World, so mi might miss it.
                  Paul, we Gunners are resolute fans, we not fickle. When the former empire thrash us at OT, it hurt bad bad !!...to see the empire crash and burn, at the theatre of broken dreams was priceless.

Seriously, I have always respected your opinion on football as you have displayed some amount of objectivity and simple common sense. With all that, still cant figure out why you are a liverpool supporter tho !! To be at disney on the 27 of November, is a stroke of genius. Disney is where dreams come true...

Comment

Very creative! Congrats again!
                    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Originally posted by Twan View Post
                      Paul, we Gunners are resolute fans, we not fickle. When the former empire thrash us at OT, it hurt bad bad !!...to see the empire crash and burn, at the theatre of broken dreams was priceless.

Seriously, I have always respected your opinion on football as you have displayed some amount of objectivity and simple common sense. With all that, still cant figure out why you are a liverpool supporter tho !! To be at disney on the 27 of November, is a stroke of genius. Disney is where dreams come true...
                      Respect my fren'. You asked how a common sense and reasonably objective man like me can be a Liverpool fan. Simple - common sense and objectivity. Here's the story if you don't mind indulging me.

I have been a Liverpool supporter since 1971. My friends in Mrs. Pennycooke's grade 6 class were supporters of Leeds, West Ham, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. Now, in those days in Jamaica, people were sensible, so none of my friends supported Manu** or Everton. With every other yard man these days being a Manu** fan, is there any wonder why Jamaica has gone downhill since those olden days? Not to me.

Anyway, the BIG team back then was Leeds, so if I had been a waggonis', I would have been a Leeds fan. Everybody was a Leeds fan in Jamaica in those days. Every Monday morning at school, the boys in my class talked nothing but football. Now, growing up, cricket was my game so I really felt left out of all the football chatter. Still, it really didn't bother me that I didn't have a team or that I was unable to follow the conversations. But what changed it for me was when my Auntie visited from England and brought me and my brothers about 20 first division team pennants as presents for us. We had them hanging up all around our bedroom. PRETTY!

From that moment my interest in football changed. I began to read and educate myself and while all my schoolmates had already had a team, I didn't have one. My father spent time in England and he spoke highly of West Ham but one of the boys in my school had them already, and as I said, I wanted my own team.

The tipping point in me becoming a life long Liverpool fan was that I read an article about Bill Shankly. It spoke of the manager's history with the team and how he made them train and work hard. After reading the article, I looked more into the team's past in Rothman's Football Annual. I'm not sure if you know what that is, but it was a statistics book of every season in English football from the 1800's forward with new editions published every year. Fantastic resource.

When I realized how glorious and proud a history the club had I said "Yes, this is my team." But when I went to school wid mi boasy self and proclaimed - "My team is Liverpool!!!" - all my bredrin dem to a man burst out in laughter. I nearly bawl. But, no matter, from that shaky start, the rest as they say is "history".

For the next 20+ years Liverpool dominated English football. People don't believe me, but were it not for Heysel and Hillsborough, we would have continued our dominance through the 1990's but would have needed a billionaire owner to compete in the 2000's. One thing's for sure, had it not been for the European ban after Heysel, Liverpool would have won one or two more European Cups; we were the best team in Europe at the end of the 80's/early 90's hands down.

So there you go. I hope you understand now that my association with this great club is long standing and did not come about by being "fickle" or "waggonistic" (like Jangle). I will stick with them through thick and thin - no matter what circumstances they face...as we Liverpool faithful say - "You'll Never Walk Alone."

Now as for City, we don't need any Disney magic, just a little bit of King Kenny genius and for the players to remember who they play for. If those are there, no reason why we won't take care of them like we did when we spanked them 3-0 last year.

YNWA.

Comment

Perfect association - Liverfool = Mickey Mouse Club. Say hi to Andy "Goofy" Caroll when you're there.

"educate myself".....LIES....LIES!!!!! You are still a football DUNCE!!!!
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                          Perfect association - Liverfool = Mickey Mouse Club. Say hi to Andy "Goofy" Caroll when you're there.

"educate myself".....LIES....LIES!!!!! You are still a football DUNCE!!!!
                          LOL!!! You are the best. Tell me your story. How did you become a Manu** fan? Wait, let me guess, 1974 when they got relegated? LOL!!!! Waggonist!!!!

Comment

Yuh tink liverpool a guh down like dem man deh wah wear pink rose and clothes? or bend ova dem Arse like some man?

Boss a side like $*ity wi love duss out.
                            Last edited by Sir X; October 25, 2011, 03:03 PM.
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                              Respect my fren'. You asked how a common sense and reasonably objective man like me can be a Liverpool fan. Simple - common sense and objectivity. Here's the story if you don't mind indulging me.

I have been a Liverpool supporter since 1971. My friends in Mrs. Pennycooke's grade 6 class were supporters of Leeds, West Ham, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs. Now, in those days in Jamaica, people were sensible, so none of my friends supported Manu** or Everton. With every other yard man these days being a Manu** fan, is there any wonder why Jamaica has gone downhill since those olden days? Not to me.

Anyway, the BIG team back then was Leeds, so if I had been a waggonis', I would have been a Leeds fan. Everybody was a Leeds fan in Jamaica in those days. Every Monday morning at school, the boys in my class talked nothing but football. Now, growing up, cricket was my game so I really felt left out of all the football chatter. Still, it really didn't bother me that I didn't have a team or that I was unable to follow the conversations. But what changed it for me was when my Auntie visited from England and brought me and my brothers about 20 first division team pennants as presents for us. We had them hanging up all around our bedroom. PRETTY!

From that moment my interest in football changed. I began to read and educate myself and while all my schoolmates had already had a team, I didn't have one. My father spent time in England and he spoke highly of West Ham but one of the boys in my school had them already, and as I said, I wanted my own team.

The tipping point in me becoming a life long Liverpool fan was that I read an article about Bill Shankly. It spoke of the manager's history with the team and how he made them train and work hard. After reading the article, I looked more into the team's past in Rothman's Football Annual. I'm not sure if you know what that is, but it was a statistics book of every season in English football from the 1800's forward with new editions published every year. Fantastic resource.

When I realized how glorious and proud a history the club had I said "Yes, this is my team." But when I went to school wid mi boasy self and proclaimed - "My team is Liverpool!!!" - all my bredrin dem to a man burst out in laughter. I nearly bawl. But, no matter, from that shaky start, the rest as they say is "history".

For the next 20+ years Liverpool dominated English football. People don't believe me, but were it not for Heysel and Hillsborough, we would have continued our dominance through the 1990's but would have needed a billionaire owner to compete in the 2000's. One thing's for sure, had it not been for the European ban after Heysel, Liverpool would have won one or two more European Cups; we were the best team in Europe at the end of the 80's/early 90's hands down.

So there you go. I hope you understand now that my association with this great club is long standing and did not come about by being "fickle" or "waggonistic" (like Jangle). I will stick with them through thick and thin - no matter what circumstances they face...as we Liverpool faithful say - "You'll Never Walk Alone."

Now as for City, we don't need any Disney magic, just a little bit of King Kenny genius and for the players to remember who they play for. If those are there, no reason why we won't take care of them like we did when we spanked them 3-0 last year.

YNWA.
                              Interesting read Paul, and now I fully understand your allegiance and never wavering support for the KOP !! Like I said before you have always impressed me with your objectivity and plain common sense that obviously evaded some the RED DEVIL waggonist(LIKE jangle, TK, Lazie at times).
                              Still maintain though, that being at Disney on the 27th November, is a good move, don't spoil the family trip by checking the score, until you get home. You might just WALK ALONE on that day !!!...

Thanks again for the history,much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                              X