Ban relegation from the Prem!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ban relegation from the Prem!!!

Some people really nah satisfy til dem chop open de goose.

"Several foreign-owned Premier League clubs want to scrap relegation, according to League Managers Association (LMA) chief Richard Bevan.
    Bevan fears that if more clubs are sold to foreign investors they may have enough votes to force changes". http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15336398.stm

HL and him eediat US cronies waan come and change up the man dem league just because dem would lose big time if dem likkle team get relegated. If that were to ever pass, then the league would become as mediocre as the MLS in less than 3 years.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

If I'm not mistaken the promotion/relegation that takes place is used throughout the major football leagues in the world including South America...wasn't it River Plate or one of those big Argie clubs that was relegated the other day?

Anyway, the battle at both ends of the table keeps the league vibrant and maintains interest throughout the season... having nothing to look forward to or to avoid will make clubs lazy and complacent... in fact, just imagine the NFL with a two+ tier league with the possibility of relegation...
      Peter R

Comment

That would guarantee complacency and mediocrity. Folks would just be content with revenue sharing would not necessarily care about winning all the time.

I remember back in the 80's, in the NFL, my favorite Tampa Bay Bucs went 2-14 and beat the 14-2 eventual superbowl champs the Giants. The Bucs netted about the same amount of money as the Giants because they had a very low payroll and they benefitted from NFL revenue sharing. A couple years earlier, the married owner refused to pay Doug Williams the money he was due. That elderly man was paying a mistress, about 50years his junior, under the table support of more than the $650,000 annual salary which he refused to pay Doug Williams. There was no incentive to change because of NFL revenue sharing. Doug left and won a ring with the Deadskins and the scandal later came out in the owner's probate proceedings.

I wouldnt want to see soccer become that kind of sport where teams are content to accept the mediocrity (of KOP....just kidding) because there is no incentive to be creative.
        "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

I understand the FA would have to agree, so the farin owners can vote all dem want. I don't see the FA agreeing to that.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            I understand the FA would have to agree, so the farin owners can vote all dem want. I don't see the FA agreeing to that.
            To be honest, i have little faith in the FA who have shown themselves over the ast 10 years to be as financially greedy as the some of these clubs/owners. And with the increasing foreign interest/ownership of Premiership clubs, what stopping them resigning from the FA, or setting-up their own rival FA. I also dont see US premiership owners giving a stuff about the traditions of english/premiership football, if there's money to be made. Even HR voiced his fears about attempted changes to the current set-up http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ng-our-game.do

I dont think its co-incidence that what with Liverpool last week mentioning separate TV rights, and now this idea. It seems like people behind close doors are testing the waters for some kind of change that will guarrantees or increases financial revenue.

Comment

Working...
            X