I admit I am baffled by Man U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I admit I am baffled by Man U

I am the original Man U fan on this website, going back to the 90's when Arsenal, Liverpool and couple Chelsea man, Tilla and Balla were here. So, before anybody jumps, please note my credentials from back in the dayz when it was not popular to be a Man U fan here.

To this day, I cannot understand how Evra is the Man U captain. I know Vidic is hurt. I know Ferdinand has been on his last legs and injured a lot. I know Giggs does not always start. But even so, they could juggle the thing without putting Evra in that role. Do the players and the manager really respek him that much? I have never been impressed with him at all, at all. His game is average and his behaviour never seems captain-like.

Yes he overlaps but the mid field does not always rotate to cover and he is often slow to get back. They seem to cover for other out of position players better. He frequently gets in skirmishes which seem silly or seem pointless. On Saturday, it seemed he got fouled by Suarez in the corner. But the foul did not seem that bad. The ref did not call it Evra's way. It appeared to get under his skin. Suarez probably needled him about it as many, even the best, pro athletes would. I dont care for Suarez game but I respect his talent. Getting into someone's head is part of the game. If Evra does not believe that, he should ask Fergie.

I dont know if there was a racist taunt or not toward Evra this past weekend. I do know that he aledged the same some years ago in a post game warm down incident with some stewards at either Arsenal or Chelsea. I hope he isnt making false claims. If the claims are true, someone needs to get to the bottom of it.

For me though, one of the biggest concerns, as a Man U fan, is having someone, who seems to me to be just the wrong type of individual as the captain of my side. I wish someone would help me figure this out.
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

... you do realize he is the most consistent player in the team? When MU has lost their entire back line, Evra is always there. You consider him average? He and Cole are the 2 best leftbacks in the EPL right now.

I have no prob with him being the captain. I haven't watched the Liverpool game so I can't comment on what happened between him and Suarez. The previous incident was a bust up with a Chelsea worker. It will boil down to he said ... he said .... the FA gonna take the easy way out.

Look at Busquet from Barca calling Marcelo a monkey ... cameras caught it and nothing came out of it.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

We will have to agree to disagree. He might be consistent but I am not very impressed. I also think that he does not have the temperament to be captain. He seems to be the least confident and capable Man United captain I have seen in a long time. Crazy Keane was my favorite for quite a while. He was Fergie on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
        We will have to agree to disagree. He might be consistent but I am not very impressed. I also think that he does not have the temperament to be captain. He seems to be the least confident and capable Man United captain I have seen in a long time. Crazy Keane was my favorite for quite a while. He was Fergie on the field.

Lest you forget ... the captain is Vidic. In Vidic's absence ... who would you make the captain?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I agree and disagree with both of you. Westman, I think he is certainly of the top 3 both defensively and attackingly in the Premeirship. When he playing his defensive role, he is certainly one of the best. For a short man, he outjumps many players taller than him and he's quick. His defensive role suffers, expectedly, when he forays upfield and as you rightly said, our midfield don't offer enough coverage when he goes forward. Attackingly, there is not much more praises we can give him. He and Ashley Cole will kill any opponents' defense. Regarding his character as a captain, well, who else is there when Vidic is out? Rooney, who is a natural successor, did not do his case any good with his recent red card. That will set him back a few years. There is no other senior player, who is a regular starter, that is available for the position.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Come on now. Did I not say I know Vidic is injured? But Vidic has been out for an extended period. I hear all of what oonu say but I just dont see Evra as my captain. To me, he is the least inspiring I have seen at Man U in over 20 years. Just my opinion.

Comment

Was he the Captain of France when that team had its melt-down?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The source I checked says you are correct sir!
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                  Was he the Captain of France when that team had its melt-down?
                  Domenech and Ferguson a 2 different coach ... don't go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                    I also think that he does not have the temperament to be captain.
                    France's debacle in WC2010 certainly proved that right (Evra was captain of Les Blues).
                    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Working...
                    X